question on BW fmw 364.5

04cr450

Reaction score
hey guys. getting ready to go the non vgt route and going to choose this turbo(99% sure). I know there are a couple different size exhaust housings to choose from with this turbo. Which one would be the best as far as spool up/efficiency, and would this housing mate up against the factory 4" dp without making modifications? Is a waste gate needed?
I never could get a confident answer to this next question, but how would this turbo compare power wise to my current turbo(kc stage 2 vgt). I really like this turbo, good power, and great street manners. But the whistle is less than desired now and looking forward to this change lol thanks for the help.

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
ahh sorry my fault

04 f350 eclb. 175/75 injects, fully ported intake manifold, no limit intake, arp's, warren comp trans, 6.4 lift pump to 6.0 hfcm, gear head tunes, kc stage 2 64mm vgt turbo, upgraded up-pipes.

swinky

Reaction score
^^^ get with Matt. A set of his up pipes and that 364 will run great with 175s

It should flow a little more than that stage 2. Less back pressure as well.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I know people running the 62FMW with 175's as well and love them. I bet that 64.5FMW makes more power than the stage 2. Just depends what you want to do with it and how you use the truck. I would advise getting Matt's divided up pipes and getting a divided housing and working with your tuner to get this right though. I hear a lot of people complain about non VGT and then you realize they're on stock up-pipes with a silly T3-T4 adapter and no tuning updates etc.... Do it once and do it right. Matt will hook you up.

04cr450

Reaction score
yes i plan on getting the t4 kit.. waiting on the 64.5 to come in from back order. matt says end of February. Gear head does my tuning now, i'll stick with him for the revised non vgt tuning.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Either one will work. The combo I mentioned would spool quick having the smaller 68mm wheel I would think... But will have more back pressure. The wheel/housing combo Matt recommended probably would be better.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I saw to much back pressure with that set up for my liking. I would be concerned with the longevity of the turbo. 360* thrust bearing would help as would a wastegate.

That's what I figured Matt. So the turbo doesn't come with a 360* thrust bearing? I know its not comparing apples to apples....but when I ran a 64/71/70 non vgt t3 with the adapter flange....it spooled good. At WOT boost was 45 and bp was 54...so like a 1.2:1 ratio ...stayed 1:1 all the way to 40psi. Now that t4 setups have been out for a while....I've been really itching to get back into a non vgt. I was just worried the .91 housing would be to big...but I guess not.