RCSB thread.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I'll have to look again. I couldn't find the black tight mesh on there just now.
How's the quality and fitment?

Fitment is great, ran one on my 6.4 and my 06 6.0......the "carbon fiber" held up way better than the straight black on the 6.4, but I had it professionally painted by then

IMAG0605.jpg

Carbonfiber.jpg

jwlandry

Reaction score
Any complaints on the hood on your shorty Julian? Idk if I want to run a traditional cowl or the on you have. I'm kinda iffy that yours will look too aggressive

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Any complaints on the hood on your shorty Julian? Idk if I want to run a traditional cowl or the on you have. I'm kinda iffy that yours will look too aggressive

Fit and finish could've been way better......but if I ever get it painted, its nothing a decent body shop can't iron out

03mm

Reaction score
JWLANDRY... Sorry havnt been on in a few days but mine is also a E-auto and I have no complaints about it.

Julian... truck looks awesome, you still thinking about going to a wrap?

1BD9D7

Reaction score
I have a simple question I can't find the answer for: on a 2wd rcsb conversion, can a super duty fuel tank be used, or does everybody have to find something custom? I read a lengthy discussion but I think it was concerning only 4x4 trucks and fuel tank issues. My truck is a 2005 XL rclb, hoping to use the stock tank but otherwise I might as well be looking.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I have a simple question I can't find the answer for: on a 2wd rcsb conversion, can a super duty fuel tank be used, or does everybody have to find something custom? I read a lengthy discussion but I think it was concerning only 4x4 trucks and fuel tank issues. My truck is a 2005 XL rclb, hoping to use the stock tank but otherwise I might as well be looking.

Will need a shortbed tank.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
^^ Yep, what he said. You can use the 28 gallon tank from a short bed truck. Only time you have to go "custom" is if your RCSB will be 4WD like mine.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies this seemed the right thread to ask the question in. I will plan on finding a short bed 28 gal tank.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
It looks bad imo hanging down in the back. Unless you can find some way to hide it, but a roll pan or bumper will not.

I agree, which is why I didn't go that route. I had a picture of someone who had test fit one, and it didn't look good...

You may be able to do C&C tank, not sure if it shows like the EX's tank does or not. I think you have to trim some of the frame to make it fit IIRC

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
C&C tank may be a little smaller in height so it will hang down less, but it will still be visible. There is not that much difference between the Excursion tank and the C&C tank, if any at all.

In my opinion, if you are going through all the work of building a SCSB, why not spend the extra coin for a custom fuel cell that mounts between the frame rails where the spare tire hangs. You can get one that is custom fit to the space and will not be visible from behind, and can put the fill tube somewhere in the bed. Similar to what Jordan did with his ruby red truck.

Last edited:

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
It hangs down pretty low though. Definitely visible from all angles. Not sure if that matters to you, but just FYI

It looks bad imo hanging down in the back. Unless you can find some way to hide it, but a roll pan or bumper will not.

Excellent points.......if that day does come, probably just throw a fuel cell back there

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Mine is intended to be low cost and used to drive anytime although I do want it lowered. Salvage yards here get 150 for the 28 gallon tank, I will likely end up buying that so I can fuel it up normally still.

Anyone here lowered theirs 3/5 with djm suspension parts? Only with 2wd I assume

1BD9D7

Reaction score
I bought some factory 20s today and found out a 275 65 20 is not going to fit even if the truck is not lowered. I saw someone using a 285 50 20.

Latest posts

Members online