RCSB thread.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
My 2wd 05 just got shortened and lowered it with djm 3/5 kit. Can anyone with this kit tell me what pinion shims you used?? I have the 4* shims installed but it looks like I actually might need 8*. The trans shaft is at 5* downward and the pinion is at 9* upward- way too much.

I plan to drop of the ds to have 17" removed from it tomorrow.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Hey guys, Josh (aka InMotionJosh, aka The Diesel Cartel) is looking for a clean RCSB 6.0. If any of you guys is interested in selling your shorty, check out the classifieds.

Hell everything is for sale for the right price......

Ruh roh.... playing too hard? Looking for a stock replacement or aftermarket?

Well, she had a bit of a rough life before I got to her, guess it was just time......and as for the turbo, stay tuned my friend :naughty:

My 2wd 05 just got shortened and lowered it with djm 3/5 kit. Can anyone with this kit tell me what pinion shims you used?? I have the 4* shims installed but it looks like I actually might need 8*. The trans shaft is at 5* downward and the pinion is at 9* upward- way too much.

I plan to drop of the ds to have 17" removed from it tomorrow.

I'd go half and try 6*

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
10931450_739260649522216_1015509182995215583_n.jpg

I threw some spacers on that were collecting dust in my shop. I'm glad that I did.

05f250harley

Reaction score
Gonna put a used stock transmission in tomorrow so I can drive it some. Gonna start saving for a twisted stage 3.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421532382017.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421532382017.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 161

1BD9D7

Reaction score
My truck made big progress today...exhaust done, fuel tank done, started prepping for paint (still gonna be white). I'm getting pretty excited for it to be done

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yea I was thinking of there short stack. It's like 2ft and then use the mount to adjust how high it is.

I think you would regret it. Noisy in the cab, and the ***kin mess of soot all the time.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I threw some spacers on that were collecting dust in my shop. I'm glad that I did.

Good call.....

Gonna put a used stock transmission in tomorrow so I can drive it some. Gonna start saving for a twisted stage 3.

Nothing wrong with that

My truck made big progress today...exhaust done, fuel tank done, started prepping for paint (still gonna be white). I'm getting pretty excited for it to be done

Pics?

Super Diesel

Reaction score
10931450_739260649522216_1015509182995215583_n.jpg

Looks really good!

That's my kinda setup! Pretty sure I've made the decision to keep my shorty for the long haul, I'll end up buying a new 6.7 later to tow it around with - whenever we move into a bigger house that has room for more toys.

Are you dead set on white? Reason I ask, it would be a shame for someone to take a glance at it and think it's a fleet truck of some kind.

Is it me or is the gap on the shorty alittle off? Like the frame is high in the middle...

I think it's just the angle of the photo. If you cut the frame behind the first bed hole mount, it's impossible to not get the bed lined up straight. Unless the actual bed is bent.

Look what I found in town today..... What are the odds?
4KnVnJX.jpg

Nice! Looks like a fellow lowered 4WD shorty too!

1BD9D7

Reaction score
http://www.reddit.com/r/MathHelp/comments/2t4aao/probablility_question/

I started a thread about the probability of 2 rcsb trucks meeting on the highway.... pretty interesting.

Lol that is cool that you found one, that may be the only one in that color also. I kinda knew the odds were against meeting another one on the road. Never seen one in person except mine.

I just realized I have 2 bumpers and no bottom/chin plastic piece, any recommendation on which one to look for? Guessing sticking with 05-07 would be the cleanest look. I beleive I f'd up my headlights tonight also, I might be interested in buying some if anyone has extra or wants to upgrade to a diff style. Stock chrome 05-07 is probably what I want.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Are you dead set on white? Reason I ask, it would be a shame for someone to take a glance at it and think it's a fleet truck of some kind.

I did not plan to have the truck completely painted, I jumped on a white 09 short bed when I had the chance then bought an 05 fleet truck. It has some damage on both doors, the hood was somehow scratched to hell, so I was already planning on getting the whole front painted. Then I found that one bedside had been worked on and the entire bedside clearcoated - including over the top of the 4x4 off road decal...so time to paint the bed too... I had considered changing the color but I'm fine with white and it's a cheaper and simpler job. I was thinking of making it lava red which was used on 2010 harley trucks and mustangs in 2012.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I did not plan to have the truck completely painted, I jumped on a white 09 short bed when I had the chance then bought an 05 fleet truck. It has some damage on both doors, the hood was somehow scratched to hell, so I was already planning on getting the whole front painted. Then I found that one bedside had been worked on and the entire bedside clearcoated - including over the top of the 4x4 off road decal...so time to paint the bed too... I had considered changing the color but I'm fine with white and it's a cheaper and simpler job. I was thinking of making it lava red which was used on 2010 harley trucks and mustangs in 2012.

If you are going to go through the trouble of painting it, choose something other than white IMO.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Anyone rocking a custom sound system in their RCSB? I've got the headunit and door speakers - just need a sub or two, an amp, and possibly some rear speakers. Any suggestions?

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Anyone rocking a custom sound system in their RCSB? I've got the headunit and door speakers - just need a sub or two, an amp, and possibly some rear speakers. Any suggestions?

I have a single 10" behind the seat and a pioneer head unit...... Seems to work out just fine for me.

Latest posts

Members online