Fox Shocks vs OEM. Are they worth it?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Nice video. I like the detail and the commitment to the use science to prove that they shocks really are better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
No problem. Thanks. We must be careful using the word "Science" to describe the approach though, lol. The more I thought about it the numbers of variables just increased and increased. This was sort-of science.

andrewtac

Reaction score
Thanks for the video. I wonder if the peaks where the stock shock was the same or slightly better was bump stop engagement. I have a stock ride height, can't go higher due to parking garage and was looking for something to lessen the teeth rattle. These seem to be worth the cost, I also need to put some Daystar cradles in.

Maybe pseudo, but your data backs your qualitative observations. I might try the same with a course that is more everyday driving.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
Thanks for the video. I wonder if the peaks where the stock shock was the same or slightly better was bump stop engagement. I have a stock ride height, can't go higher due to parking garage and was looking for something to lessen the teeth rattle. These seem to be worth the cost, I also need to put some Daystar cradles in.

Maybe pseudo, but your data backs your qualitative observations. I might try the same with a course that is more everyday driving.

Agreed. When the bump stops are called on in any significant way, it's game over for the shocks. So whether the shocks are crappy or awesome, if it gets to that point, and there's more energy to absorb, the data will look exactly the same.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Agreed. When the bump stops are called on in any significant way, it's game over for the shocks. So whether the shocks are crappy or awesome, if it gets to that point, and there's more energy to absorb, the data will look exactly the same.

agreed. makes you wonder about replacing the bumpstops with something else...

jwalk09

Reaction score
Nice . I only bought them for the sticker though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
@EPIC: What's the spring specs for your truck??Perhaps a higher load rating OEM spring would control the compression while the shock controls the rebound better.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
Good question. I don't know the spring specs but that brings up the age-old problem. Stiffer springs handle big bumps but are harsh on normal stuff. Soft springs are nice on streets but brutal on tougher surfaces.

Jomax

Reaction score
I think we just need to jump to 2.5in diameter shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online