Reduced Engine Power

BK39

Reaction score
Anyone ever get this pop up on screen, then the truck won't go past 1/4 throttle? I pulled over, shut it off, restarted it, everything went back to normal. Scanned for codes, nothing.
I was on the highway dragging a flat bed trailer unloaded. running about 75-80, went to speed up to get over and bam, idiot light comes on, truck starts slowing down. It's tuned and ******d.

BK39

Reaction score
Yes, Patriot 600. Has yours done it more than once?
I considered trying to replicate the driving pattern to see if it would do it again, but wanted to learn more first, to make sure i'm not doing anything stupid, or harming the motor. My reason to replicate, just so i know for sure what causes it, and how to avoid it.

Turdchucker22

Reaction score
Mine did this yesterday on the way home from a fishing trip towing a 21’ ranger boat maybe 5k lbs. accelerating out of toll booth dash flickered and the engine on screen popped up. Lost all engineer power. Pulled over no codes no leaks. Restarted truck all was good for the rest of the trip 385 miles. Also 600 patriot

eastern

Reaction score
Just happened to my 17 f550 bucket truck ******d with patriot. Got on highway got up to around 75 and started knocking and huge cloud of smoke out exhaust. Thought I blew engine. Defueled me and limped back to my shop. Cleared codes and ran great rest of the day. My buddy that works as ford mech says he has seen this many times ******d and stock on cab and chassis. WTF

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
My 11 would do this a few times a year, only on start up, I would have to disconnect the batteries for a minute and then be fine, I went through and taped all the ends of the sensors that were unplugged and it helped, it would only do it once or twice a year

JDelaney

Reaction score
My truck did this twice this weekend. The first time I got a message on the display, the second time nothing. Both times I was empty and the truck is gone stock. Both times I was able to reset it by cycling the key.

GRHines79

Reaction score
2015 Ford 550 6.7 Tuned up and all Reduced engine power comes on when you get into it pretty good no codes at all so frustrating

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.