Trans temp sender unit

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I am going to report back tonight. There has to be an answer to this, i used to use a banks sending unit and this new one is a banks sending unit.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
alright keep us posted, i havent had a damn trans gauge for almost a year now, kinda annoyed at this point.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I agree with you. I havent had one since i installed this transmission.

With my old cooler and this sending unit it would start at 140* and jump to 240* within like 20 minutes of driving.... I was 90% sure it was the sending unit, but now im wondering if it was the cooler

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
i just installed a 6.0 cooler on my truck but i just want to be sure my temps are good. my truck is never hooked to a trailer though... :D

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Okay well i didnt open the package on the "banks" unit because i want to send it back if possible, but i have a temp sending unit from Napa that is 100% the same looking. Same markings and everything, made in same country, used with same volts, etc etc....

I hooked my gauge up to it and when it was 90* outside and my truck hadnt been started in 2 days, it read 160* right off the bat. But it rose and fell correctly from there, and never went more than 80* above 160. Which if you add 80 to ambient temps you would get 170*, so i think its just starting too high if you treat that as the ambient temperature it at least helps me figure out my trans temps..

Still would like to get one that will work right though, still on the hunt

lowbedriver

Reaction score
If you ground out the wire to the sender doe's it peg the needle? if so you can add a resistor to the wire to make it read correctly I Think:confused:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If you ground out the wire to the sender doe's it peg the needle? if so you can add a resistor to the wire to make it read correctly I Think:confused:
I can try that! I dont really know thoguh
So it didn't work? :cursing:

I have not tried the one they sent, mostly because i dont want to open it. It looks 100% identical to the napa one i already had.

So im assuming if they look identical they probably are.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I can try that! I dont really know thoguh

I have not tried the one they sent, mostly because i dont want to open it. It looks 100% identical to the napa one i already had.

So im assuming if they look identical they probably are.

Didn't you ever hear the expression "dont judge a book by its cover"? Lol try out the banks one if it doesn't work ill paypal you $5 for trying

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Well my trans temp gauge started working all of a sudden. It was at 110* but now its stuck at 140... So I don't know if its working correctly or not.

Latest posts

Members online