Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
What Matt said. We started out by complaining about the smoke, the EPA, it's ruining our sport, blah blah. Joking of course. Told Matt he needed a better tune so it wouldn't smoke. They fired back that's it's a mechanical pump, we asked what their point was. They called me a princess, bish, idiot, inbred, ect... I posted a couple pictures of my race truck, one took it good, one did not and wouldn't stop. Then another came in late talking crap to me, I was able to shut him up pretty quick... it was a good time lol.

That's pretty must the run down of what took place, in 150 some odd comments.

sent from the sea

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
What Matt said. We started out by complaining about the smoke, the EPA, it's ruining our sport, blah blah. Joking of course. Told Matt he needed a better tune so it wouldn't smoke. They fired back that's it's a mechanical pump, we asked what their point was. They called me a princess, bish, idiot, inbred, ect... I posted a couple pictures of my race truck, one took it good, one did not and wouldn't stop. Then another came in late talking crap to me, I was able to shut him up pretty quick... it was a good time lol.

sent from the sea

Thanks for the cliff notes version, that works too.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

sent from the sea
lol.. that is some funny chit! gotta love it when they just keep digging at you even when you post that you have a similar setup..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I took one from the inside but it's just 7 secs. The one time I was able to give it some rpms no one had their phone out. I had my eyes glued to the oil pressure gauge lol

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
well we gave it another go yesterday. Found some issues, learned a lot.

we got it going a lot easier that the first time even tho the injection lines had been off. So we are learning! Defiantly a lot to get used to. The fuel lever is an art to keep the motor happy when cold.

Once we got it running and all cylinders firing we were working on our idle adjustment and noticed our dry sump savage wasn't keeping up and was draining the tank. long story short we had the suction lines on the wrong ports on the pan. windage was slinging the oil away from the ports, and of course the correct ones were covered up by the starter. So we dropped the pan and moved them over. It works perfect now!

After we got that fixed we were running it some more and noticed there was oil dripping out of our charge pipe. Last Friday I forgot to turn on our scavenge pump one time and pushed oil on the turbos. Thought it might be from that till we took them off and they were covered in oil. What we found out is that our electric turbo scavenge pump can keep up for about 3-4 mins then our drain tank gets full and pushes oil. So we are sending the dry sump pump off to have another section added for the turbos. This will increase the about it can scavenge and also eliminate the chance of me forgetting to turn on the pump. Bad part is this puts us back 2 weeks ish.

summary we are making progress and learning this beast. It is a show just sitting idling. Its also going to take me a bit to get used to it!!

32F3FBFB-9F68-4689-B7D8-73D5273DDF6D_zpstnu66lkg.jpg

40D85D5F-F975-4748-8CA2-4B8D1D93C069_zpsxw8n0yjs.jpg

D64416A9-455C-403D-A55E-E243650A2557_zpsjix7vsto.jpg

32362EE1-61DE-424D-AF84-641E0F68D463_zpsomkqduhp.jpg

68A8346A-52E9-404D-9D2F-00B1BF9C0A46_zps0kcvcnm9.jpg

CD708B70-F6C3-48B4-9C6C-FB48528C5A85_zpszbxd9psu.jpg

108EBE99-4377-4A05-96AD-3BDA89188F67_zps71sdk7ra.jpg

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
what happened? Or did I miss it somewhere?

pushed oil past the turbo seals.

I'm just glad we are finding these issues now instead of later. Some of the problems we are finding have the possibility of hurting some very expensive parts. Can't thank the guys at Holzman race cars enough with all their help getting this thing going. If you guys need anything racing related parts or service give them a try. Just dont piss off Rob! LOL

Edit: and Hypermax has been awesome threw this whole project. Very bright guys over there.

psduser1

Reaction score
This setup is turning out to be quite a bit different than the ranger, eh?
As big of a pita as it is, better now than on a track, as you mentioned! Lookin good!

Latest posts

Members online