Oil temps

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I wish there was a magic bullet solution for this issue.This has bothered me as long as I have had my '11 F350.Just this past Sat.,I was pulling my 7k TT in 85* ,and my temps easily hit 260+ on a couple grades.Running an SCT tuner on tow tune.Does cool off fairly quickly on the declines,but man I hate it running so hot.I've gotten used to it,but I don't like it.

Drop it down into 4th gear....

I know this is a rather old thread.

Also. One thing I've always noted and noticed and not understood. These engines REQUIRE airflow across the radiators, and all trucks should have a "patinum" grill do the the extra opening of air flow. And it's amazing the amount of bugs that are in between the radiators, coolers. It's from the lower rubber deflection scoop behind the front license plate opening.

Worth while for many of you to look down in between your radiators and wash. Simply looking through the grill is far from good enough.

I'm certainly not a fan of the light bar covering the large opening in the front that was designed to direct air and also damn up air through the radiators.

I'm really starting to wonder what everyones secondary cooling system temperatures are..... I have no hot air running through my e g r.... But it is still in place and "stock" water flow is still in tack

Jomax

Reaction score
Drop it down into 4th gear....

I know this is a rather old thread.

Also. One thing I've always noted and noticed and not understood. These engines REQUIRE airflow across the radiators, and all trucks should have a "patinum" grill do the the extra opening of air flow. And it's amazing the amount of bugs that are in between the radiators, coolers. It's from the lower rubber deflection scoop behind the front license plate opening.

Worth while for many of you to look down in between your radiators and wash. Simply looking through the grill is far from good enough.

I'm certainly not a fan of the light bar covering the large opening in the front that was designed to direct air and also damn up air through the radiators.

I'm really starting to wonder what everyones secondary cooling system temperatures are..... I have no hot air running through my e g r.... But it is still in place and "stock" water flow is still in tack

I had a billet grill and oil temps never lowered. My secondary was hot on my old truck lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I had a billet grill and oil temps never lowered. My secondary was hot on my old truck lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 198*F ambient temp with people posting pictures on Facebook baking cookies on the dash of their cars in Arizona.

Latest posts

Members online