Battery light

TexasJ

Reaction score
Have you checked if the green wire going to the alternator is damaged?

Rusty

It doesn't appear to be damaged but obviously I haven't pulled the whole wiring harness and inspected it end to end.

That said, I had tried wiggling that 3 plug connector to no effect previously. But I just tried unplugging it and plugging it back in (with engine off of course) and now the battery light isn't flashing anymore! Hopefully it was just a bad connection...?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Make sure inside the connector the female part of the pigtail has the pins pushed close enough together to where they're making contact and not getting a poor connection.

rusty1161

Reaction score
It doesn't appear to be damaged but obviously I haven't pulled the whole wiring harness and inspected it end to end.

That said, I had tried wiggling that 3 plug connector to no effect previously. But I just tried unplugging it and plugging it back in (with engine off of course) and now the battery light isn't flashing anymore! Hopefully it was just a bad connection...?

Hopefully that’s all it was. These trucks are getting old and take a little finesse to keep going.

Rusty

TexasJ

Reaction score
Make sure inside the connector the female part of the pigtail has the pins pushed close enough together to where they're making contact and not getting a poor connection.

Didn't even think of that. If it comes back on I'll try tightening it up.

Thanks guys for all your help!

Latest posts

Members online