SCT question

Reaction score
I am asking for a co-worker because I know nothing about this thing other than it has tunes on it and built in digital gauges for engine monitoring. The question is for his SCT X4 how do you put tunes on it? Do you buy them from a tuner, they email them to you and you plug it into your computer and down load them per say? If this is how it works, when you upload the new tunes will it erase what ever tunes is already on it (he doesn't know where the tunes came from, bought a used truck and it came with it). Last question at the moment, with out starting a who's the best argument, who would be a good person to get tunes from for this thing if I am correct in my understanding of how this thing works?

He bought a used 2003 truck and is fixing to pull the motor and go through it, bullet proof it, then upgrade injectors and turbo and wants good tuning. Thanks for any help I can relate to him.

Petro

Reaction score
Tunes are emailed, you plug it in just like you said and upload tunes onto it. You will need to download the software from SCT's website. You can pick and choose which tunes you want to keep or erase from the X4. It's pretty simple and straight forward. There's a ton of good tuners but you need to remember every truck reacts different to different tunes. The nice thing about custom tuning is if you're unhappy with the tune, your can always contact your tuner and get a revision made. Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online