fuel rail pressure

bigggnick00

Reaction score
so my truck died on me yesterday came up with code p2291 scanner reads 500-600 psi I'm not sure if this means bad pump idk how much pressure the truck needs to start or the pressure I'm getting will not start the truck i installed new for sensor still nothing tried bleeding line can't get to start i need some specs so I'm not wasting my time lol any info is appreciated

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
There is a harness that is located around your hpfp. It caused my truck to die and would not restart.

Normal idling frp should be about 5k.

Sent from a cloud of black.

bigggnick00

Reaction score
Ya I've read that just was curious if 600 psi would start the truck or not thanks for the response

bigggnick00

Reaction score
thanks for the response I've seen desired rail pressure on scan tool telling me 4500 but i was wanting to think my truck wasn't actually in bad as shape as it was lol pull fuel sample frame shredder valve today and it looked like coffee super dirty idk how it got that bad I'm just in disbelief at this point lol

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
Yup, sounds like a new hpfp is in your future. Try White Bear lake Ford parts. Cheapest price on OEM parts I have found.

Sent from a cloud of black.

Latest posts

Members online