2003 excursion 200k. Won't crank!

barhopper

Reaction score
Hi folks, as above, problem started in the driveway. No issues(cranking) before that....all the usual though, I guess. Changed the ficm out 4 or 5 months back, that helped with the missing issues I was having then.
Anyway, turn key to crank and it gives one loud crank each time. Thought batteries got drained, all charged up.....same same.
I do not have a programmer/code reader. Where do I start? (No pun intended)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bismic

Reaction score
I know you said you charged the batteries, but you need to have them individually load tested. Simply checking voltage is not adequate.

Find the yellow with light blue striped colored wire adjacent to the passenger side battery in the engine compartment, near the vacuum pump that has a "squeeze-and-pull" type connection. Disconnect it, and jump the male end of the connector to the passenger side battery positive terminal. The starter should crank.

If it still does the same thing, you have an electrical issue or a starter issue (or both).

barhopper

Reaction score
Will do, thanks for the reply.
Note*
I meant to say it gives one loud "click".
But on review, I said one lout "crank".
My bad there...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Loud click is usually a sign the starter is bad. The solenoid is working but there is an issue with the starter motor. I would pull it and have it tested if the batteries are good.

Latest posts

Members online