Can hpo leak cause smoke ?

06Amarillo

Reaction score
Stc fitting is gone in my truck. I can hear it rattle and j have a hard time with hot starts. My truck smokes as well. Do my question is. Can the hpo leak cause an injector to smoke ?

crcrawford87

Reaction score
Low hpop pressure will cause low power but not smoke, truck will have a lack of fueling not overfueling. I'm betting on a sticking injector

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Stc fitting is gone in my truck. I can hear it rattle and j have a hard time with hot starts. My truck smokes as well. Do my question is. Can the hpo leak cause an injector to smoke ?

How do you hear the Stc fitting rattle, if it was possible to hear it rattle then it would not be connected at all

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score

How do you hear the Stc fitting rattle, if it was possible to hear it rattle then it would not be connected at all, bad Stc wouldn't cause smoke, sounds like normal stiction and injector top seal could be blown causing hard hot start

06Amarillo

Reaction score
I can hear it at the back of the motor. If I slowly drive away from a stop sign etc. Also if my truck sits over night it cranks a lot before it will fire for the first time the next day.

Latest posts

Members online