2011+ headlight post

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
5c0fc66a033e8c48162d675f43c443a5.jpg

My optimum setup would be these lights with retro'd projectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
But i agree with you guys im really leaning towards black instead of white with possibly retro projectors. I found these on amazon but i dont think i can get over the high beam section not painted. Not that im worried about the price much besides getting ripped off, ive never been a fan of recon anything. And i do love the oe look. May install these since there cheap then get the stock set done up. Now are you stuck with stock bulbs unless you do projectors or can you do led or something?

The reflective part isn't painted because those lamps are setup for a halogen. I put LED bulbs in mine, the light output is good but the beam pattern is one of those "ya get what you pay for" deals. Which could pretty easily be fixed by a retrofit, then you could paint the rest of the housing if desired.

PDT1081

Reaction score
But i agree with you guys im really leaning towards black instead of white with possibly retro projectors. I found these on amazon but i dont think i can get over the high beam section not painted. Not that im worried about the price much besides getting ripped off, ive never been a fan of recon anything. And i do love the oe look. May install these since there cheap then get the stock set done up. Now are you stuck with stock bulbs unless you do projectors or can you do led or something?

You can't paint the headlight bucket unless you retro projectors. There are LED options and HID options available for stock lights. None will compare to projectors.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

I would personally not want the light section painted since that is whats reflecting your light for your output. If you paint the shroud then your light is basically useless unless you retro'd a projector into that.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yeh not sure what headlight option is best for a white truck. Projectors with hids put out quality light though. Here's pic of mine . Sorry isn't white
810a290b782bca7d9a0ba1bd9b0aa4c5.jpg

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
Yeh not sure what headlight option is best for a white truck. Projectors with hids put out quality light though. Here's pic of mine . Sorry isn't white

That still looks awesome. What size rims you got? Sorry to derail somewhat but im looking at getting novakanes in the spring. My stepbrother has forces 22x12 but i want a little more of a conservative look.

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score
Thanks guys thats what i was thinking. Im starting to get a good idea of whats good and what isnt. All the info is very helpful. Its just funny that they would leave the highs unpainted. Like they knew better. Yet still ruin the lows. Knowing they arent projector lights. Next step is to find someplace that will actually paint them for me for the time being. Or retro them and all.
f7103a80e4c4bf4ae89a03a36e0504f7.jpg

RYANV_OBS7.3

Reaction score

Sorry for blowing you up but did you paint and retro the lights yourself or did you have them done somewhere?

PDT1081

Reaction score
Thanks guys thats what i was thinking. Im starting to get a good idea of whats good and what isnt. All the info is very helpful. Its just funny that they would leave the highs unpainted. Like they knew better. Yet still ruin the lows. Knowing they arent projector lights. Next step is to find someplace that will actually paint them for me for the time being. Or retro them and all.
f7103a80e4c4bf4ae89a03a36e0504f7.jpg

They only painted the turn signal/parking light. The high beam and low beam are the same bulb and reflector.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Sorry for blowing you up but did you paint and retro the lights yourself or did you have them done somewhere?

No problem. Wheels are 22x10.5 and I did them myself. I recommend Jeremy at retro shop if you rather have someone do them for you. Best pics I have showing how much they stick out. One is with oem flares
d77a166aa98e6f7cbbd16165f5f94ece.jpg

089dbcd73f99ea9d1c3a523b3b24e29e.jpg

brown1

Reaction score
so it seems my recon lights use a projector with 9006 style bulbs. as i states before the lows are horrible. what would be the best bulb to install for these low beams?

PDT1081

Reaction score
any feedback on these? thinking about purchasing these instead of painting my new oem headlights, For $190 on amazon you cant beat it lol

I can't comment on the housings because I'm still using my stock ones with all the bulbs changed to LEDs.

The heads and fogs are Retro Super Brights. The fogs are awesome. The heads, not so much. Heads plus fogs are great, but you get flashed by people thinking you have your brights on. The heads by themselves leave a lot to be desired. My single biggest complaint is they are not clockable. You're left with three positions to aim them, and the output pattern just doesn't satisfy me enough to tell someone else they're worth the money. I'll run them until I get the urge to retro some LED projectors.

My parking lights/turn signals are V3 Tritons from VLEDS. They may be bright enough to use in those black buckets. I have the amber/amber switchbacks in the front and regular reds in the rear. They're very nice in that the bulb can be adjusted to a different depth to work better with the reflector in the housing. They're expensive, and need an extra relay for the switchbacks to work on these trucks. Everything is plug and play with Weatherpak connections, but with the controller, relay, and resistor, there are a lot of wires to clean up after installing.

This is parking lights only. That's a 3 car garage.
20160708_222907.jpg

04cr450

Reaction score
Great feedback thanks you. I may purchase them being they are cheap. If I don't like them I'll just remove them and won't sweat over it. I have led'S in my oems now and they are awesome.I'll transfer them into the smoked head lights and hopefully they work out good. I am mainly changing to achieve the smoked look.

KevSher20

Reaction score
e13a1253de2875515cbae2413a11d6b2.jpg

Mine now have switch back led white up top instead of amber.

Got mine from GoldStandardLighting.

Only thing I would change would be to do the switch back led strip instead of just amber. So it's all white and switches to amber when I hit the turn signal. Never liked the dual projector look and I'm very satisfied with how they came out.

About 1300 if I remember right. With the cost of new headlights also.

KevSher20

Reaction score
20868440755413f4f5d7728dc86b18ee.jpg

Updated picture how it is now. Led white side markers also.