Electrical demons 02 7.3

Ravening Iron

Reaction score
Take to electrical shop.. Tech says VSM not gem, so I pick up a new one (bob allen ford overland park kansas) everything that didn’t work in cab now does. Replaced door lock actuators both sides and got a new key fob. Hooray right well at least for 20 minutes.. 1134 for all that and 330 for electrical.. Original draw went from 0 to 1.35 amps on main battery. I get home from dealer disconnect neg from passenger side battery and it fluctuates between a .69 to .75 amp draw. So I’m like why not check the secondary welp that one showed a 1.56 amp draw.. At this point I’m like **** my life. What are the most common things that could cause such a significant amount of draw? Again gem is good. I’m going bankrupt and losing my da**n mind.

12A3CBA9-871F-4C6E-8992-76083E8EA9CC.jpg

9556E3D8-0B0B-4786-AF9B-3B0C982B3FA4.jpg

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Take to electrical shop.. Tech says VSM not gem, so I pick up a new one (bob allen ford overland park kansas) everything that didn’t work in cab now does. Replaced door lock actuators both sides and got a new key fob. Hooray right well at least for 20 minutes.. 1134 for all that and 330 for electrical.. Original draw went from 0 to 1.35 amps on main battery. I get home from dealer disconnect neg from passenger side battery and it fluctuates between a .69 to .75 amp draw. So I’m like why not check the secondary welp that one showed a 1.56 amp draw.. At this point I’m like **** my life. What are the most common things that could cause such a significant amount of draw? Again gem is good. I’m going bankrupt and losing my da**n mind.

View attachment 52352

View attachment 52353

To find the draw, hook up your ammeter, only have 1 battery connected. Let everything time out (about 10 min), then disconnect the negative cable, while using your ammeter to make sure the circuit is never broken. Once you verify the draw is excessive, start pulling fuses until the draw goes away. Then chase that circuit. One thing to note though, keep your door open, but manually close the latch, so when you go inside to start pulling fuses everything doesn’t wake up again and blow the fuse in your meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Factory radio? I've had them stay hot after key off, cycling cd's.

Once had a dodge drawing power from the horn button due to the customer punching his steering wheel... That was a ****ing doooozy

Addicted4

Reaction score
I’ve seen alternators do weird stuff as well. Start pulling fuses like mentioned above.

Latest posts

Members online