"Present" Tuning

tnutcher

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has played with MCC options using the *** On tune exported from the Mini Max? I live in a smog state and got the trans file how I like it while running my own engine file, but want to play with settings on the emissions present tuning to see if I can clean it up and still keep decent power and improve mileage. I know the downside to the regens and love the power and mileage of my custom tune, but would like to try and stretch out mileage btw regens as much as possible.

I've played with the low boost fueling tables quite a bit on the "off-road" tunes and even dropping low end numbers into the teens and low 20's until around 10 # boost but still got a small puff on take off, along with a very slow take off. I like the idea of not having to worry about leaving an unintended puff of smoke at a stop sign if I need to get off to a quick start(I've read through all the low boost table threads here and my off-road tune low boost tables are currently re-mapped up to 40# and starts at 26 on the lowest column - seems to be an acceptable balance for now). It's not bad swapping emissions stuff out every other year for a month, but just weighing my options here.

Anyone have experience with the "present" tunes and ways to make regens fewer and farther between?? Or maybe some help on a low boost table that's truely clean under 1/2 throttle or so on an off-road tune??

Thanks in advance
TNutcher

ckrueg

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has played with MCC options using the *** On tune exported from the Mini Max? I live in a smog state and got the trans file how I like it while running my own engine file, but want to play with settings on the emissions present tuning to see if I can clean it up and still keep decent power and improve mileage. I know the downside to the regens and love the power and mileage of my custom tune, but would like to try and stretch out mileage btw regens as much as possible.

I've played with the low boost fueling tables quite a bit on the "off-road" tunes and even dropping low end numbers into the teens and low 20's until around 10 # boost but still got a small puff on take off, along with a very slow take off. I like the idea of not having to worry about leaving an unintended puff of smoke at a stop sign if I need to get off to a quick start(I've read through all the low boost table threads here and my off-road tune low boost tables are currently re-mapped up to 40# and starts at 26 on the lowest column - seems to be an acceptable balance for now). It's not bad swapping emissions stuff out every other year for a month, but just weighing my options here.

Anyone have experience with the "present" tunes and ways to make regens fewer and farther between?? Or maybe some help on a low boost table that's truely clean under 1/2 throttle or so on an off-road tune??

Thanks in advance
TNutcher
I would think you would want the less boost fueling tables to start at low boost like 5 psi vs 26. You could try changing the rail pressure tables to ramp up quicker off idle and maybe raise timing a bit. Both of those are ways to make the combustion event cleaner and more complete.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online