6.0 bullet proof fan upgrade

Diesel625

Reaction score
I finally went ahead and upgraded to the manual fan clutch. My electrical clutch would work when it wanted so I figured I’d try it out. It works great. The AC is even colder than it has ever been. Has anyone ever had any issues with this setup?

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
Yes make sure the wire wheel the pulley or the belt will scream at highway speeds when it kicks on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diesel625

Reaction score
I was wondering about the harness not being plugged in any longer. I know it throws a soft code, just wondering about the electronic side.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
It does throw a soft code but I have 3 6.0s and all have the bpd fan never had a issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jtreece

Reaction score
I know this is a mechanical fan clutch now but what temp does it fully engage and disengage? I was curious because I am going to do the swap over summer because my 6.0 likes to run hot.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I ditched the whole bigA$$ fan, and went with four electric fans.
No fan can move as much air, as your truck moving down the road at 50+ mph.

AM5jFQ8.jpg

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
No controller....don't trust them.
Toggle switch. On/Off (Using relays of course)
Faster warm up, then just turn them on, and leave it on until I shut the truck off.
Holds 190 no problem.
If I do a foot to the floor "Run", it gets to 210, and then cools right back down again.

Extended Power

Reaction score
My truck's speed is all the progressive control I need.
Biggest issue is slow moving traffic on a hot day.
I've had no heating issues with these fans at all.
Really cleaned up the front of the engine bay.

Jtreece

Reaction score
I'm doing my mechanical fan clutch this evening. My truck seems to just run hot no matter what we do so were going this route. Hopefully it will stabilize the temps and I can't wait for the colder AC for these hot a** summers..

Jtreece

Reaction score
well it made my pickup run like crap, threw a code right after it was installed and was P0148 Fuel Delivery Error

Jtreece

Reaction score
Read what I wrote, but here I will say it again, after installing the 7.3 fan clutch my pickup started surging and threw a code P0148 once up to EOT. Been told it could be several things, like extra noise/vibration on the crank causing the crank sensor to show a false reading, same as the cam sensor, I was also told it could be the PCM. Now there may not be a direct correlation between the new clutch and this issue but I figured I would post here to see if anyone has had this issue directly after installing the 7.3 fan clutch.

Extended Power

Reaction score
The Bullet Proof water pump is one of the BEST upgrades a person can possibly do to the cooling system of their truck.
Once you buy it, and have the stock pump in hand...you will wonder why TF Ford used plastic impeller blades on a pump.
Mine were cracked, and iirc three were broken off at the tips.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I ditched the whole bigA$$ fan, and went with four electric fans.
No fan can move as much air, as your truck moving down the road at 50+ mph.

AM5jFQ8.jpg

Old thread I know...

But just stumbled across it. How does your setup perform when towing? How heavy? Or do you tow at all?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.