Tow mirrors for OBS'S?

Reaction score
Ehhh...For some reason they still need to grow on me though.
I will say clouse did an amazing job at moutning them and still being able to use the wing window is a plus!!
But still not quite sure if they are me. Deff doing to have to get them painted white if I go this route.

LawnRanger

Reaction score
Clouse can you get some more pics up close of the mount on the outside of the truck. Several angles. I'd like to see the gap between the mounting plate and the window. Thanks

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
mirror1.jpg

here is my mounting, very similar to austins since i looked at his to do mine!! LOL you loose very very minimal of wing and still open fully like normal

mirror2.jpg

and here in a distant!! i love them so far truck is off to get the doors repainted today so we will see in about a week with more photos

JD3020

Reaction score
Hmm, apparently my 4 points are messed up cause i can't see **** with em, even if they are flipped out. When they are in part of the passenger side mirror is hidden by the the metal bar between the vent and regular window. Plus i can't fold em in when i park on the road or to go through a car wash.

But i did find our 08 mirror so i'm gonna have to mock it up and see how it looks.

Reaction score
So has anyone that's installed the dodge tow mirrors on an OBS, been able to wire them for adjustment and the defrost switch? This would be sweet. I know its possible but has it been done?

Reaction score
If anyone can do it I would think Zach will (yoderstrokin)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

If this could be done, would make me like the dodge mirrors on the OBS even better. Im still pondering if I wamt to do this conversion. Pictures are great and help, but I think if I saw one in person it would help my decision even more.

LawnRanger

Reaction score
Clouse can you get some more pics up close of the mount on the outside of the truck. Several angles. I'd like to see the gap between the mounting plate and the window. Thanks

:whs: Can someone that has done this mod please get some better close up pics? All angles, including the gap.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'm with you LawnRanger. I really like the look of these Dodge mirrors on the OBS, but want to see more than just far away pics. I'm all for fabrication but don't want something to look 1/2 azzed. Want people to come up close to the truck and not know that it wasn't done factory that way.

I'm also interested in anyone that has hooked up the power to the mirrors and if anyone of them have heated glass? That's one if the BIG selling points for me would be to adjust the mirror from inside the truck as well as have heat option. I know the 03-09 mirrors had heat, but not sure if the 97-02 did or not. To work with our body lines and shape of windshield, we'd need to use the 97-02 door mount. But if the 03-09 arm and mirror part is the same as the older style, then you could integrate the heat as well. Just some thoughts...

This is something that I will do someday. Will be getting rid of my 4 point factory towing mirrors. I like them cause I can see tons, but really like the look of the dodge mirrors. The flow well with the truck lines, can fold up, have power adjustability, possible heat, and can be color matched painted.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I'm also interested in anyone that has hooked up the power to the mirrors and if anyone of them have heated glass? That's one if the BIG selling points for me would be to adjust the mirror from inside the truck as well as have heat option. I know the 03-09 mirrors had heat, but not sure if the 97-02 did or not. To work with our body lines and shape of windshield, we'd need to use the 97-02 door mount. But if the 03-09 arm and mirror part is the same as the older style, then you could integrate the heat as well. Just some thoughts...

i dotn see why it couldnt be done. just a switch and some battery and some common.. the only issue being getting the wire there