overboost or trans limp

stroker221

Reaction score
Hey guys lookin for some educated guesses here. My truck will fall flat on its face when I really get on it. I can put the pedal to the floor then it'll really take off and right after it up shifts it falls on its face and if I keep on the pedal it will take back off a second later.. This mostly happens on the extreme X tune from innovative. But has happened on other tunes drag racing. Its done it goin into 3rd gear and goin into 5th gear. Only will do this if I romp on it and its not every time.. It has also happened pulling a truck out of mud, I was in high rpm's and it done it to me 3 times trying to get him out.. Any thoughts? I do have an ad165, precision BOV, tial wastegate, and mildly built trans and other things but nothing else that would cause this.

Also I did talk to innovative about it and all they til me was to buy the newest $400 update but I don't see it being a tuning issue.

sootie

Reaction score
i had that happen on one 08 and it threw the overboost code every time. if that is what its doing, it requires an updated flash from Ford and retuned.

stroker221

Reaction score
Ok we may be getting somewhere SOOTIE. I have my OVERBOOST code turned OFF. Also, I have a P2*** turned off (not sure the numbers of code and not sure what fault code it is but I have the option to turn it off so I did). The other thing I have changed in settings is my rpm, which I changed to " raised Rpm" .
Now, should I turn my overboost code back to ON? And when it falls on its face again I should have a fault code pop up on dash which would be an overboost code correct? And if so then ill need a reflash..

sootie

Reaction score
where are you turning these codes off?

yes-when it goes into limp, it should throw a CEL. did the truck just start doing this or did it happen as soon as you tuned it.

stroker221

Reaction score
Truck has been tuned since I got it. I'm turning codes off with the sct. And the truck throws no codes or anything when it happens:shrug:

stroker221

Reaction score
Build your trans and let me know if it fixes the problem

It is built. 1600 stall triple disc converter, billet input, clutch packs, and can't think of what else off top of my head right now.. As soon as warranty on trans is up in wanting to get gogo solenoids.

stroker221

Reaction score
Also, last night I drove it and put it in tow haul whenever I took off hard. Seemed to shift quicker and without hesitation and it never fell on its face in tow haul. Another thing is I I guess Its holding 22.4 k rail pressure on my extreme x tune. On my street tune it was holding 25-26k

Lipka101

Reaction score
Hmmm. Mine does every once in a while. I have stock trans with a modified direct solenoid. I think the solenoid is pretty much useless. I've never monitored rail pressure but mine did it on xtreme street too. I hope you figure it out.

stroker221

Reaction score
Its definitely much better in tow haul. Trans shifts quicker and better and I haven't gotten it to fall on its face in tow haul yet. Guess that's what ill be using for drag strip. Are you guys running innovatives tuning?

stroker221

Reaction score
I emailed gearhead about it. Maybe ill try their race tune and if that clears I up then ill know the issue

Lipka101

Reaction score
Let us know. I'd like to find out what it is. I don't drive it hard often enough that it bothers me yet.

stroker221

Reaction score
Will do. Still have not heard back from gearhead. It wouldn't bother me if I wasn't going to drag race. But I can see it easily adding a second to my quarter mile time.