OBS Intake is there any options

zilla68

Reaction score
mine are leaking I found out today, so when I do e fuel and my turbo etc in the next coming weeks, I'd like to pull the intakes and replace them, doesn't someone make them to fit the obs turbo set up?
I could have sworn someone did but I cant find it now. I think the plenum was 3" and you had to use a reducer boot IIRC.

Anyone know of an option, or do I just buy new plenums, no need going back with these, they will probably get bent up removing them, so in order to delay down time I need to get ordering.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Yes, Irate's are the only ones that I know fit the OBS. The Irate intakes are flat.

The last time I spoke with Jake (Irate), the intakes have been re-designed.

You need to get reducing couplings for the spyder.

Use only the gray RTV from Ford or Int'l to reseal the intakes.

My old set-up.

DSC_0134_zps70c5b68f.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

zilla68

Reaction score
Yes, Irate's are the only ones that I know fit the OBS. The Irate intakes are flat.

The last time I spoke with Jake (Irate), the intakes have been re-designed.

You need to get reducing couplings for the spyder.

Use only the gray RTV from Ford or Int'l to reseal the intakes.

My old set-up.

DSC_0134_zps70c5b68f.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

this is where the confusion sits in, I'll call irate tomorrow then and confirm, because the irate salesman said they don't fit, or I misunderstood him.

so on your truck billy they fit with no issues, no extra holes, no modifications needed??

gnxtc2

Reaction score
The RiffRaff has a stepped design. I spoke with RiffRaff and they stated theirs do not clear the OBS turbo compressor. The OBS turbo has a shorter pedestal compared to the SD.

Couplers are generic. Need a 2 3/8" x 3" coupler which is an odd ball size. I used a 2 1/2" x 3" coupler which is more common.

Billy T.
[email protected]

gnxtc2

Reaction score
this is where the confusion sits in, I'll call irate tomorrow then and confirm, because the irate salesman said they don't fit, or I misunderstood him.

so on your truck billy they fit with no issues, no extra holes, no modifications needed??

Just bolted them.

The hole design (8 vs 10) is a motor/truck year thing. You can use either.

One of the plenums corners needs to be slotted or slotted. The bolt by the HPOP reservoir can not be removed.

DSC_0131_zpsf22ede69.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

danielzink

Reaction score
Note:

You'll also need to re-plumb your map line (as noted by the farthest right hand plenum in the picture).

Just bolted them.

The hole design (8 vs 10) is a motor/truck year thing. You can use either.

One of the plenums corners needs to be slotted or slotted. The bolt by the HPOP reservoir can not be removed.

DSC_0131_zpsf22ede69.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

I drilled and tapped an elbow on the back of the hot side on my E99 plenum:

mapline.jpg

Dan

mattman347

Reaction score
Yeah, Sorry for the confusion. I was saying that they are not just a bolt in design and would need the diff boots and clamps. They will fit just fine with the stock turbo!

Latest posts

Members online