My tow pig/DD build thread. F350/Cummins 6.7/twins/6R140

TyCorr

Reaction score
There isn't anyone on here that actually believes that these trucks can go that far without deletes or high maintenance.

I dont think any of the new emissions equipped vehicles can. I pushed an 08 dmax to 189k but the maintenance costs were ridiculous. My 12 made it to 120ish and I had to trade it in because I had spent a couple thousand dollars each previous month just to keep it running. Then the turbo crapped out and the hpfp was setting codes or having codes set on its behalf.

Had it been deleted, I bet it would have ran up to 175k just as the lbz did with only front suspension issues. Not any engine/drivetrain issues.

My exposure to the 6.4 is soooo limited I can only comment on what I know. My dads shop got rid of its 7.3 fleet because they were getting older. They got 6.4s and as work trucks they didnt delete or tune them and they had plenty of issues. Replacjng dpfs, radiators, the one truck would cook the paint off the box side during regens, and the fuel mileage was so bad they got rid of them.

87manche

Reaction score
How does this have anything to do with this thread? It is a decent swap - that I will agree with - but the general consensus is that the OP should just delete his truck while he is gathering the parts for a MUCH more difficult swap than the one in the link you posted.

OP will get the reference, don't worry about it.

point being that someone actually did something with an 08 f350 instead of have a big fat mental masturbation about it.

aside from that, I had a random reference to the OP and came to say hi.

ja_cain

Reaction score
OP will get the reference, don't worry about it.

point being that someone actually did something with an 08 f350 instead of have a big fat mental masturbation about it.

aside from that, I had a random reference to the OP and came to say hi.
There's always got to be masturbation before you get to the real thing. ;)

Thanks for posting that thread. More awesome Cummins swap reading to devour.

87manche

Reaction score
seriously though, I did really just come here to bust the OP's balls.

mostly because this
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/tow-rigs-trailers/1022022-i-dont-get-mdt-craze.html
where he called all of us that bought a truck large enough to do the job morons.

actually, I believe the phrase he coined was "IDIots"

funny how my ancient mechanical IDI just runs and runs and runs.

just so you don't think I was bs'ing about 25K behind an IDI
_895866513775885_1212241517900924262_n_zps625218f8.jpg

yes, it was slow, but it got there, and I never had a care in the world about that.

Denver

Reaction score

mostly because this
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/tow-rigs-trailers/1022022-i-dont-get-mdt-craze.html
where he called all of us that bought a truck large enough to do the job morons.

yes, it was slow, but it got there, and I never had a care in the world about that.

You had 6000 lbs on the front axle and 13000 lbs on the rear? So the gvw was 19000 lbs?

chester8420

Reaction score

mostly because this

How bout double that with a V10... :D 49,000 lbs
re157949-ran-across-my-neighbors-scales-49-000-lbs.jpg

Last edited:

87manche

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's an IDI in an IH chassis, not a pickup.

IMG_20140702_115454_228_zpsxth0p5d8.jpg

it was that. 26' IDI uhaul chassis with LQ built in the front, my wife's 4200lb XJ in the box and a buddys pile on that trailer.

Old gal still managed 70 on the freeway
IMG_20140706_180545_909_zps7slsx2pf.jpg

what's up Me2?
You ever actually do anything? Your name was brought up, so I figured I'd come poke the bear. I see no activity here, so I figure all your bluster was just that, bluster.

87manche

Reaction score
so is this **** show any closer to being done or still stock?

you come in to other's threads and start spouting off about how you'd do things, but the thing is you've never done anything.

Another 3 months, still no updates. Have you moved this somewhere else? I can go find that thread too.

87manche

Reaction score
oh come on me2, I know you've seen these replies.

user profile said:
Last Activity: 10-22-2015 06:51 PM

you want to come and criticize other people's builds but ignore yours?
I'm not even criticizing your plan or your work, well I guess I'm criticizing your lack of work, regardless you seem to have no problems flinging insults and opinions, then you're conspicuously absent when someone comes to your home turf and calls you out.

oh and RB's truck, the guy you quoted in your signature, it made it just fine cross country towing a 5th wheel trailer.

and it's getting an 8.3. I'd bet he still completes it before yours.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
This is funny. He started another thread "200k on the 6.4 what to do"

So he started this thread and all this bs and then after supposedly getting all the shti together just drove the 6.4 up to 200k miles and then started a thread bitching about how it unreliable. I said "you started a thread to complain about how your unreliable 6.4 made it to 200k."

His reply was a gem. "Only on a powerstroke site is it considered reliable to make it to 200k. Oh and it took a 15k$ fuel system to get there"

So not only did he never do anything he went and spent "15k replacing the fuel system" on a truck that was supposed to get swapped. He must of thought he'd get praised for "being a do nothing bitsh", as Ronda Rousey calls it.

me2

Reaction score
This is funny. He started another thread "200k on the 6.4 what to do"

So he started this thread and all this bs and then after supposedly getting all the shti together just drove the 6.4 up to 200k miles and then started a thread bitching about how it unreliable. I said "you started a thread to complain about how your unreliable 6.4 made it to 200k."

His reply was a gem. "Only on a powerstroke site is it considered reliable to make it to 200k. Oh and it took a 15k$ fuel system to get there"

So not only did he never do anything he went and spent "15k replacing the fuel system" on a truck that was supposed to get swapped. He must of thought he'd get praised for "being a do nothing bitsh", as Ronda Rousey calls it.

The fuel system was replaced under warranty. The only money I've spent on the truck is for a replacement *** ($400). Not bad for the 120,000 miles I put on it. Having said that, I hate the 6.4. The rest of the truck has been awesome.

I haven't done the swap because I've been busy with other things in my life - family - 3 kids, 2 houses, 1 rental property, numerous projects, work, holidays, etc.

I'm considering my options as far as the swap goes. There is about a 75% chance it goes ahead. Fortunately, I have a lot of the ground work done.

Last edited:

87manche

Reaction score
I'm considering my options as far as the swap goes. There is about a 75% chance it goes ahead. Fortunately, I have a lot of the ground work done.

What are the chances looking like 5 months later?

still **** with a chance of nothing?

Latest posts

Members online