6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Crack85

Reaction score
I'll tell you what there oncrack85 I'm at the end of my fuse with this mother bleeping truck. The last thing I need is you preaching about waiting lists and crap. You don't think I've waited long enough? May 2012 I've been without my daily driver. I haven't been on here crying and pointing blame about my engine blowing up, I took it like a man and forked out the cash for a new one and now, since the timeline I was given is passed, I'm firmly asking, Tadd, when is my engine going to be ready for pickup?

LOL!! And I'll keep laughing, I ain't preaching to you. Just letting you know how it is.....u act like ur the only one waiting on ****. If ur haven't had ur daily driver since 2012, that's ur own fault...,,I could name ppl that have been waiting longer than you......what makes u special that u get to cut in front of them?

Crack85

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I feel no sympathy for you. You have been on the forum long enough to know that Elite is always behind and it is the norm for things to take months or more longer than expected to get things from them.

EXACTLY.....

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
I'm not looking for sympathy, I think your misunderstanding, I'm looking for a date. I don't care if it's 6 months from now, I'm looking for something to plan around.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
You guys act like Dan can just go knock on elites door and pick his motor up along with a refund and take it somewhere else. This sounds like a customer service issue, I don't think people hit the forums right away, I think after failed phone calls, emails, etc any of us get a little fed up.

I'm not bashing elite, I haven't had any dealings with them. I'm just saying if no one shared their experiences with these shops we wouldn't be able to make educated decisions as to who we want to spend our thousands of dollars with.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
You guys act like Dan can just go knock on elites door and pick his motor up along with a refund and take it somewhere else.

If it got nasty and involved legal action he could do exactly that.

On a side note, thats why you use major credit cards to pay for big ticket items. Visa would collect their money back.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Buy a daily driver Dan. A 1000hp unproven 6.7L with lots of non factory parts and turbos that only spool wide open is not a daily driver. That thing will be a smokey the bear pig with its current turbos.

A stock truck. Maybe deleted. Is a daily driver.

But I do know what your talking about. Waiting is horrible. However. You chose to rape a perfectly good truck and pay someone to do it for you.... just saying.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
What is the planned set up now turbo wise? Sticking with the gtx42 and gtx55 or maybe go to a gtx40 .86 a/r and a gtx45 1.32 t-6 66 80 or poss a 47 series for about a 88.
Better street manners with the smaller hp but larger atmo to supply some much needed air for fuel and nawzzz.
For the performance Switch to air to air little meth water lettah rip tatah chip.

Sent while speeding, pushing little cars off the road and having a fruit smoothie.

Jeffh

Reaction score
Just read the thread and I looked like Ya"ll warned him when he was posting in front of others trucks barging about the great service and how some things are worth the wait

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
His truck got bumped ahead of other people to get done in time for the DPC. I know Tadd was stressed pretty hard and really pushed ahead to get stuff done in time.

Gotta be patient.

I see your stating you've been without your driver since 2012, but it was running at time of DPC.

My truck hasn't turned over since July 18th of 2013, its rolled in and out and around our parking lot, because I'm constantly testing new parts and trying to replace parts before they break, and down time is the cost for progress. Including pushing my truck outside to get progressed ahead on guys like Peter Schafer. Its the cost of doing business.

Good things come to those who wait, disappointment to those who rush.

Not trying to rustle feathers, but you have got to be reasonable.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not looking for sympathy, I think your misunderstanding, I'm looking for a date. I don't care if it's 6 months from now, I'm looking for something to plan around.

now you understand why taking pics smiling with your engine piss people off. i knew'd you'd learn sooner than later. welcome to the club. you're better off selling it all now.

gman1

Reaction score
LOL!! And I'll keep laughing, I ain't preaching to you. Just letting you know how it is.....u act like ur the only one waiting on ****. If ur haven't had ur daily driver since 2012, that's ur own fault...,,I could name ppl that have been waiting longer than you......what makes u special that u get to cut in front of them?
:lookaround:

Jeffh

Reaction score
Y'all got to let me in on how y'all keep y'all's cool when you pay 60k+ for a truck and then modify the hell out of it and when it breaks you can't drive it. I can't fathom spending what y'all do and it breaks as soon as you get it, I would loses mind and y'all are like well there goes 20g

dsberman94

Reaction score
Y'all got to let me in on how y'all keep y'all's cool when you pay 60k+ for a truck and then modify the hell out of it and when it breaks you can't drive it. I can't fathom spending what y'all do and it breaks as soon as you get it, I would loses mind and y'all are like well there goes 20g

Save your pennies saàn!!

sootie

Reaction score

y'all. that's all.

Wayne

Reaction score
Dan, I feel for ya. I feel bad for a LOT of people in your situation. I see a lot of comments telling you the writing was on the wall, and you should've expected to wait months on end past your estimated completion date since everybody else is in the same situation or worse. As far as I'm concerned, nobody else's deal has anything to do with your agreement, but that's just me outside looking in. All you can do at this point is wait indefinitely, demand a refund, or if that doesn't work out you can call up mastercard and file a fraud claim. Last resort is to sue if nothing else reasonable works.

I'm definitely pulling for you getting it running again soon. Good luck bro.

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
If you've failed to budget a $1500 beater amidst buying a $60,000 truck and then throwing another $40,000+ at it, then I don't feel sorry for you one bit. Clearly this project truck is far from a daily driver.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
If you've failed to budget a $1500 beater amidst buying a $60,000 truck and then throwing another $40,000+ at it, then I don't feel sorry for you one bit. Clearly this project truck is far from a daily driver.
He has a duramax as his daily driver, Its not like he has to walk. Hia point is why should he have to drive a 01? Duramax when he has a fully built 6.7 sitting there that he could he driving? And I agree! It just baffles me that elite gets supported when if it was another shop every member would be lining up to bash them.....

bricewise

Reaction score
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd try to find it but I seem to remember you telling Caleb money talks, when he was pissed about you getting a transmission faster. So perhaps Dan if you throw more of those Canadian green backs towards Elite, it may get done faster??