Who can put me an audio package together?

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Where are you guys putting your aftermarket tweeters in the 6.7's? I would guess that there is nothing wrong with the stock location but not everyone utilizes that location.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Mine wont fit in the stock spot....I'll do midrange/tweeter pods on the dash and get some non-tweeter OEM sail panels.

Kellyo77

Reaction score
Mine wont fit in the stock spot....I'll do midrange/tweeter pods on the dash and get some non-tweeter OEM sail panels.

If you have the sails with tweeter and happen to want to sell them or trade in some fashion for some without, let me know. I'm looking for some but don't want to pay 150 for them when I'm just gonna trash the stock speaker.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im surprised none of the audio companies don't have a website that will "build" you a package based on your inputs. Every ither market got on board with that yeeears ago. Punch in the year, pick a head unit, select speakers and an amp. Ask you if you need an enclosure. An install kit, etc...

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Hello again, all! It is time to bring us back online with this topic now that I am up to the stereo part of my upgrades. The rest of the truck is just about done and I want to share my list of upgrades that I have put together so far...

I picked up a GENUINE set of Hertz XL 165's for the front doors. Heard great things about them and I am sure they will be great replacements for my stereo upgrade! For the rear doors I chose a decent set of Infinity Kappa 682's in 5x7 for the rear doors, with a highly rated set of basic Pioneer tweeters just to equal it all out and not end up neglecting the idea of a "total upgrade".

For the subwoofer I ended up choosing the JL 10TW3-4 subwoofer and it will be mounted in a SuperCrewSounds custom enclosure. Simple, loud and reputable...

I am leaning toward the Hertz HDP/5 amplifier based on all that I have learned so far; however, I wasn't quite sure if I would need the LC7i unit to retain factory controls and navigation or if the amp takes care of that...

Last, but not least, I plan to pick up some RaamMat or ShowDown sound deadening material to cover the doors (inside and outer skins) as well as the rear wall of the truck cabin.

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
DISREGARD THE ABOVE POST... I FORGOT TO EDIT IT WHEN I HAD TIME :)

Hello again all! It is time to bring us back online once again and CLOSE the whole thing out. I am finally up to the "plan in action" part of my truck build! I am up to the stereo part and I we are in the stages of finalizing the install. Now that the other parts of my truck build are just about done (engine, suspension, turbo, etc.) I wanted to share my intentions as far as the "final" plans of this stereo build are concerned...

I bit the bullet and picked up a GENUINE set of Hertz XL 165's for the front doors. I did hear some good Focals but the Hertz won me over after careful deciding and hearing many great things about them, and I am sure they will be great replacements for the crap speakers in the truck now. For the rear door area, I chose a decent set of Infinity Kappa 682's in 5x7 and a highly rated set of basic Pioneer tweeters just for sense of not leaving a stone unturned. For the subwoofer I ended up choosing a JL 10TW3-4 model and it will be mounted in the SuperCrewSounds custom enclosure. Simple, loud and reputable. And for the amplifiers, I am leaning toward a JL Audio HD 600/4 for the speakers and a JX 400/1 mono for the sub. Last, but not least, I plan to pick up some RaamMat or ShowDown sound deadening material to cover the doors (inside and outer skins) as well as the rear wall of the truck cabin.

More info to come!

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Ok, so here we are again. I guess I only have one question now that my stereo project is going to be installed finally, and that question is should I keep the two Optima Yellow tops on board for this stereo setup or are there "better and more reliable" batteries that would be ideal for a project such as this?

The list of components is as follows:

JL 600w 4-channel amp with JL Audio dual-amp install kit;
Alpine MRV-500 (500w) mono amp;
JL Audio C2-650 6.5" speakers (rear crew);
Hertz XL 165 6.5" speakers (300w) (front);
JL shallow 10TW-3 (4 ohm) subwoofer;
Pioneer 8200NEX receiver head unit with Maestro unit.

I just want to know what kind of power to expect from a system such as this and if I should be aware of anything before we start... TY!

Last edited:

Blanco

Reaction score
is it done? How did it turn out, and where are the pics of this sweet truck?

Latest posts

Members online