6.4 to 7.3 swap

BradyDisney

Reaction score
Thinking about swapping a 7.3/6 speed has anyone here done this? Existing threads are just telling people it's not worth it so I'm hoping you guys can help! Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thinking about swapping a 7.3/6 speed has anyone here done this? Existing threads are just telling people it's not worth it so I'm hoping you guys can help! Thanks in advance

you will find that they will tell you the same thing here..

unless the 6.4 is junk and the 7.3 is free then I could see it but most will tell you the same wherever you go..

I would do it.. but that is me...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BradyDisney

Reaction score
you will find that they will tell you the same thing here..

unless the 6.4 is junk and the 7.3 is free then I could see it but most will tell you the same wherever you go..

I would do it.. but that is me...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's pretty much where I'm at.

co04cobra

Reaction score
We did one. Worst part was the wiring was a NIGHTMARE marrying the 2 systems together.

Motor mounts slightly different. Lots of other small changes. If I did another one I would do the wiring completely different then before. There a few kits coming available where people are putting the 08 dashes in the earlier trucks.

I believe I could utilize parts of those kits and really simplify it down.

Either way though, it is a lot more work then swapping a 6.0 to 7.3.

image.jpg

Only pic I had right now.

BradyDisney

Reaction score
We did one. Worst part was the wiring was a NIGHTMARE marrying the 2 systems together.

Motor mounts slightly different. Lots of other small changes. If I did another one I would do the wiring completely different then before. There a few kits coming available where people are putting the 08 dashes in the earlier trucks.

I believe I could utilize parts of those kits and really simplify it down.

Either way though, it is a lot more work then swapping a 6.0 to 7.3.

View attachment 47231

Only pic I had right now.

Wow. That's pretty wicked.. any info you can throw in on the wiring nightmare? Any little bit would help before I jump into this! Thanks for your reply

Latest posts

Members online