Not so factory, factory alcoas. HELP

Centurion_guy

Reaction score
Someone help the new guy

What's goin on guys. So I have pretty much sealed the deal on buying a 95 centurion from a friend of mine. I am having difficulty understanding what's going on with the wheels. We were told by the previous owner that the wheels on the truck were factory alcoas. I have been asking around and a guy on another forum told me they were aftermarket and he didn't think they were alcoas. Any help figuring out what I have would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ryan

Centurion_guy

Reaction score
Picture of the wheels I am talking about

Attachments

• 1751.jpg
    1751.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 171

Strokersace

Reaction score
Those are Alcoa rims. Not the stock oem factory bullet hole style Alcoas though.

Those are the Alcoas that were installed on trucks with aftermarket setups like yours. Western hauler, Centurion, etc. Most of those conversions were done at the dealership level so technically they're oem Alcoas.

Clear as mud?!?

I personally love the look of that rim on an obs dually. Polish those bad boys up and rock them!

Centurion_guy

Reaction score
They are hard to find and rare which makes them cool but my problem is that the truck is missing one. I only have three aluminum rims. I had heard these were recalled due to them cracking which could explain why one rim is gone. Does anyone here have experience dealing with Alcoa about the recall?

Centurion_guy

Reaction score
That's disappointing

So I was able to get enough time off this Easter weekend to head out to where the truck has been sitting and I got a look at the wheels trying to find any part numbers and the are stamped as the old discontinued prime brand wheels. I don't think I will be able to find a 4th wheel to put on the truck very easily. On a side note the weeds are tryin to swallow the truck. I gotta move faster!

Attachments

• IMG_20170416_182743531.jpg
    IMG_20170416_182743531.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20170416_182813946.jpg
    IMG_20170416_182813946.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.