FMIC Air to Air Build

SickSeven780

Reaction score
The parts are starting to arrive. I work away from home 3 weeks of the month so I wont have frequent updates but just thought I would post a pic of whats to come.

2lyzc3.jpg

SickSeven780

Reaction score
2016 F350 just over 5000kms on her haha (literally drive it 5 days a month when I'm home)
Plan to completely remove secondary cooling system, add aux tranny cooler and fuel cooler,
Swap to Air/Air FMIC - will build custom 3'' alum charge piping
Havent decided on turbo upgrade yet so all of your input would be great
Have a ZEX Diesel Nitrous kit
Adding water meth
Tuned with SCT Livewire
Planning to build a hood stack (currently 4'' straight from the DP)

Really just wanted to build an all around bad ass truck. Couldnt lift it because kids and the wife have a hard enough time getting in with a 2.5'' level.

513uao.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
what do you plan on doing with the other items that are cooled off the secondary cooling system like the fuel cooler and things like that?

SickSeven780

Reaction score
what do you plan on doing with the other items that are cooled off the secondary cooling system like the fuel cooler and things like that?

As stated above, the plan is to run an independent trans and fuel cooler setup. I will just size them appropriately and should the trans cooler require a fan then that option is readily available. The plan is to mount them in the opening of the front bumper.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I'm doing a similar project as you but running a much bigger intercooler cores. The trans cooler I'm running In a similar location as the powersteering cooler so the grille will protect it. The fuel cooler will be infront of the fuel tank kinda like a duramax setup.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
6.0 or 24v cooler's seem to fit decent, just have to notch the frame to fit .

Dzchey21

Reaction score
As stated above, the plan is to run an independent trans and fuel cooler setup. I will just size them appropriately and should the trans cooler require a fan then that option is readily available. The plan is to mount them in the opening of the front bumper.

I would bet a 6.0 or 6.4 trans cooler would work well for your project, not sure on the fuel cooler but I like the frame mounted D-max style

I would be interested to see how this turns out, not a bad move.

getstroked27

Reaction score
I should be able to get some pics of the setup we just finished, we used 6.0 rad, IC, trans cooler and all that junk. Turned out pretty good.

getstroked27

Reaction score
we have to fine tune it all before we make it available to the public, but one day sure. Just have too much going on with UCC and all that good stuff.

getstroked27

Reaction score
This was during mock up. The truck is done and at our other shop getting the new Suncoast Quadralock Converter put in it, once it is done and all cleaned up I will update with more pics.

Attachments

• File Mar 22, 9 01 51 AM.jpg
    File Mar 22, 9 01 51 AM.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 105
  • File Mar 22, 9 02 02 AM.jpg
    File Mar 22, 9 02 02 AM.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 101
  • File Mar 22, 9 02 18 AM.jpg
    File Mar 22, 9 02 18 AM.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 104

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This was during mock up. The truck is done and at our other shop getting the new Suncoast Quadralock Converter put in it, once it is done and all cleaned up I will update with more pics.

would have been a great post ... LOL

Latest posts

Members online