Cab on up pipe replacment

rack

Reaction score
Truck has a hell of an up pipe leak, it started throwing code p2263, sounds like it has something to do with the ebp sensor but the truck needs up pipes really bad and I'm hoping it fixes it.
Can someone send me a link to a write up of replacing the up pipes by dropping the Trans?
Thanks guys

Petro

Reaction score
There's no need to drop the trans. I've installed 6.0 manifolds and BD uppipes in a couple trucks this year cab on without pulling the trans, cab or turbos. Its not a terrible job. Just remove your degas bottle and battery box on the drivers side along with the fender liner, gives you a lot more room. Do the same on the passenger side, remove the fender liner along with the battery box and intake. Its time consuming but not overly complicated. I'd highly recommend installing 6.0 manifolds while your at it, makes installing the new up pipes much easier. Good luck

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but how much time are we talking? I need to do BD manifolds and up pipes. I also have a Midwest diesel single kit that I will probably put on at the same time along with their ported intake manifold. Problem is that it is my only vehicle. So, for someone who is a middle of the road wrench turner, how many hours would this take?

Petro

Reaction score
Depends how everything comes apart but I'd guess it took me somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 hours the first time I did it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online