Intake

jimdawg185

Reaction score
9027a902b9cef17de5ed915c3afc3363.jpg

Installed my ez lynk lastnight for my off-road race truck too. Went great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me that I need that pre filter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, I don't own a 17, would it be possible to move the battery into old 6.7 location and use filter location like my 15? Seems like air would be colder up front?

sootie

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, I don't own a 17, would it be possible to move the battery into old 6.7 location and use filter location like my 15? Seems like air would be colder up front?

air temperature means absolutely nothing on forced induction engines.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Copy, but hot air isn't as dense as cold. I hear what your saying, just curious

forced induction, and compressed air heats on it's own. thats why we have intercoolers. the only engine heat that could be an affect would be at idle.

sootie

Reaction score

I should have said " Intake " air temperature...

Copy, but hot air isn't as dense as cold. I hear what your saying, just curious

Correct. But the temp coming out of the cold side of the intercooler is as cool as its gonna get before its combusted. And that "cool" temperature is waaaaaaaaaaaay hotter than what is coming in the air intake.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

This is wrong. No offense Sootie....

Mike's point is when the truck starts to move and the compressor starts to work the relevant area temperature is the same due to movement of the vehicle. There is actually a slight tunneling affect that moves hot air under the cab over and around the transmission. And pulls it downward which causes a slight vacuum around places like the air filter... especially where it's placed on a 17.

Adiabatic efficiency plays a major role here with the rise in ambient air temp.

Mike's filter is just fine where it is. Mike's filter goal is to reduce intake restriction.

sootie

Reaction score
Sure. You are way smarter than me. When you have a spare moment on a flow bench, measure air temperature coming out of an intercooler at "x" boost, with an iat of "x". Increase the iat and tell me how much the temperature coming out of the intercooler changes....

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Sure. You are way smarter than me. When you have a spare moment on a flow bench, measure air temperature coming out of an intercooler at "x" boost, with an iat of "x". Increase the iat and tell me how much the temperature coming out of the intercooler changes....

Head on over to Kiel, Germany and I will be glad to show you.... (I'm not way smarter, by any means, it's not me that disagrees with you either...)

We just went through this very ordeal on some very large units for some very $$$$ monies... had to change a few intake alarms on some yellow engines at factory for this very reason. AAIT.

No Limits Filter is a great working unit for those reading.. Don't worry about your idle temperature and "engine bay heat"

Latest posts

Members online