Fox 2.0s with RSK

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I finally got around to install the Fox 2.0 shocks on my truck. My truck has the 3" Sky RSK with "V" code front springs and 5" traction blocks with "F" code rear springs.

I was running Bilstein 5100 series shocks. The 5100 shocks were generic 255/70 valving. From all the searching online, I decided to try Fox 2.0s. So I ordered Fox 2.0s through Trevor at PMF.

Here at the part numbers for my truck:
Front: 980-24-656 --> need two (2)
Rear: 980-24-647 --> need two (2)
*Bushings: 213-27-002-B --> need six (6)

For my information and application, here is Fox's catalog. Scoll down to the 2.0 section
http://www.ridefox.com/dl/truck/fox-truck-catalog-2015-lores.pdf

* The Fox shocks come with metal sleeves in the shock bushing. Since these shocks are for the Super Duty trucks, ID of the sleeves are 12mm. My truck utilizes 1/2" bolts to mount the shocks hence the reason for the bushings. You need to swap out the upper and lower steel sleeves in bushings on the front shocks. On the rear shocks, you need to totally remove the steel sleeves on the upper mounts and swap out the sleeves on the lower mounts. Otherwise it's a straght forward shock R&R.

DSC_0563_zps8flbhcze.jpg

DSC_0562_zpsigrl9nz9.jpg

DSC_0554_zpsrc4blcdd.jpg

DSC_0555_zpsp1g6q5eu.jpg

DSC_0550_zpsyrjeiasi.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsapley6ku.jpg

DSC_0557_zpsj5aasyii.jpg

I can't comment on how the truck rides just yet as the truck is still on the lift but I'm sure it will be fine. Still doing some routine PM before the Spring time.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
Keep us posted on how it rides. I did 5100s when I did my 97 rsk and the ride could be a little "better".

I've had 3-4 sets of 5100s and can't say I've been overly impressed. I am ready to try something else.

ChitownPS

Reaction score
Definitely let us know, Im looking to order these this week

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Ive gone to 2.0s from 5100s on a few vehicles now... It is totally worth the switch.

UPDATE:

Went for a 20 mile ride combined highway and back roads.....big difference in ride, totally worth the switch. Do it, you won't regret it.

With the Bilsteins, if I went over 70mph the ride would be choppy. I hit 80 and it was smooth as glass. I used the same roads. I usually don't drive over 70 but now, who knows.

x2....totally worth the switch.

Billy T.
[email protected]

rusty1161

Reaction score
Does PMF have pricing on the fox's? I just ordered my rsk and am looking at shocks right now.

They don't list the Foxes for OBS trucks. Billy's part numbers are SD application shocks, search SD parts and you'll find the Fox 2.0's, select 0-1" lift.

Rusty

bluedge8

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, did you also have to order the correct sleeves? How many miles do you have on the bilsteen's? Do you drive that truck in the winter, just curious? Also I haven't found much on rear spring rates, I see you have air bags, are f codes heavier than b codes?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, did you also have to order the correct sleeves?

Yes

How many miles do you have on the bilsteen's?

Don't know, I'll have to check my log

Do you drive that truck in the winter, just curious?

Yes

Also I haven't found much on rear spring rates, I see you have air bags, are f codes heavier than b codes?

Not really.... B codes carry more but deflect more than the F codes. I posted all the spring rates (B, F and C) on PSN. They might be here also, don't remember. I'm currently running "C" codes from a dually.

I'll find the thread I made when I went from F codes to C codes. And the spring and deflection rates.

Found the thread on PSN.
http://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...233193-replacing-f-codes-b-codes-springs.html

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
Thanks. I am thinking as light as possible for the rear with air bags which is why I was wondering. What height rsk do you have? and did you need the 5" rear blocks to level?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I have a 3" Sky RSK and yes....5" block but it's a traction block for the rear. V codes front and C codes rear with 285s.

In the traction block pic, I have wedge to rotate the pinion up for the double cardan joint I have on the rear driveshaft. I'm not a believer in dropping the carrier.

5e426835f29bbaa419db343b748c30f5.jpg

97eeb4569fdff86e5e96e6bed0f77349.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
Hopefully the finish on the Fox's hold up better then bilsteins do.

I have a set on my 00 truck as well. It never gets ran in salt and they pretty much look like the ones you took off.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Billy could you flip the rear shocks so rocks etc wouldn't damage the shafts sine no boot is on them?

Latest posts

Members online