Oil change and installation of EZ Drain valve

Reaction score
Nice video, you might want to do yourself a favor and punch a hole in the filter with a screw driver and let it drain before you take it off. It makes for a clean oil change

brown1

Reaction score
yes punching a small hole makes for a very clean dilter change. i put a fumoto valve in my previous f150 and took it off after a couple changes. i wasn't happy with how it was holing up to the michigan salt. it started feling gritty when i went to actuate lever but if not for that it was sweet and clean. it would be nice to get some "tricks" for catching oil when it first comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
On the hole punch thing, I used to do that on my 2011 but gave up. The oil from the very center of the filter would drain but all the oil in the plumbing on top of the filter would still come out around anyway. I need to try it again on the 2017.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
yes punching a small hole makes for a very clean dilter change. i put a fumoto valve in my previous f150 and took it off after a couple changes. i wasn't happy with how it was holing up to the michigan salt. it started feling gritty when i went to actuate lever but if not for that it was sweet and clean. it would be nice to get some "tricks" for catching oil when it first comes out.

I'll watch for that. It is a valve after all and it will eventually leak. Maybe years from now but it will leak. I still have the drain plug on the top shelf of the tool box and it will be waiting.

Jaygermeister

Reaction score
I've got a fumoto with the 90deg spout. hadn't installed it yet and wouldn't if the oil didn't shoot out a foot when the plug is removed. I'll try it

A-Rhoads

Reaction score
You are one brave man.

I would NEVER trust that valve...If you go in for warranty work they are going to love you for putting that on there.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Because that valve is aftermarket, they can void your warranty for pretty much anything that valve being a very good candidate.

What a bunch of wrong. They'd have to prove the valve in same way failed or caused whatever was being warrantied.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. I thought everyone had heard of that by now.

ncollins64

Reaction score
What a bunch of wrong. They'd have to prove the valve in same way failed or caused whatever was being warrantied.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. I thought everyone had heard of that by now.
Just fixing to say this and you beat me to it. They would have to prove that oil drain valve caused the failure at hand.

04cr450

Reaction score
that act has been revised a lot though since 1975 i believe. Lots of grey areas in this regulation. Just like lemon laws- now it varies from state to state, not just a boiler plate act that covers all in the country. That being said, i fumoto valve will not void a warranty.
If the oem drain bolt simply fell out guess what? it is going to be the truck owners fault and all warranty is voided, same with a fumoto valve "falling out or failing". Just an example.

A-Rhoads

Reaction score
that act has been revised a lot though since 1975 i believe. Lots of grey areas in this regulation. Just like lemon laws- now it varies from state to state, not just a boiler plate act that covers all in the country. That being said, i fumoto valve will not void a warranty.
If the oem drain bolt simply fell out guess what? it is going to be the truck owners fault and all warranty is voided, same with a fumoto valve "falling out or failing". Just an example.

Or if it develops a leak, if anything that uses oil (everything basically) fails they will claim the oil level was low which caused the failure...Dealers are very crooked, they are where I live anyways.

JRLott

Reaction score
I run a valve, and have no issues.

Same here. We don't exactly live in the rust belt though and mine has only been in 30k. Love it. If/when it starts leaking, I'll spend another $35 and stick another in.

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
I've got a fumoto with the 90deg spout. hadn't installed it yet and wouldn't if the oil didn't shoot out a foot when the plug is removed. I'll try it
Just changed my oil today and installed my fumoto with a 90* elbow. Damn what a mess it was removing that drain plug. I planned for the oil to shoot out, but not as far as it did.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
I had a fumoto in my 7.3 for about 100,000 miles and never had one issue or leak. I trust these things. No worries about warranty

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.