All you guys up here in the North Dallas area better get your Trucks ready for State

DaCajun

Reaction score
All you guys up here in the North Dallas area, you better get your Trucks ready for State emission testing on these diesel trucks and diesel cars as far as that goes as well!!!

Man, I've had this bad feeling for the last two to three years or so that this crap will be coming to this area sometimes in the near future and sadly from what I just found out, that bull**** is on it's way!!! I have a friend who just earlier this week went to class to get his State inspection license and he was told that the diesel emission testing is going to be here, and be here soon!!! So if you did a ******, I hope for your sake you kept your *** and all that other crap that goes with it cus it looks like you're going to be needing all those fricken parts!!! Now he couldn't tell me just how far back they are going with this ****, but my guess it'll be back to the 2008 time frame. But then again I'm making that assumption since that's the first year the Super Dutys came with the ***s on them, the 6.4s in particular. But that assumption may very well be totally wrong as I don't know when the others, Dodge or Chevrolet, first had the ***s on them. And then again, it could be that they go all the way back to somewhere around 2003 or so as that's when the very first CATs and EGRs made their appearances to be known on the 6.0s.

Anyways, you may as well get ready for it my fellow Texans as that bull**** is on it's way!!!!

And sorry if I just messed up your weekend with this crappy ass news!!! Just thought I'd pass along the heads up!!!

Good thing I choose a 2002 F450 to put this 6.7 I'm building in as it's going to be forever exempt from all that bull****!!! Yeah for me!!! :D

DaCajun

Reaction score
Ehhh I wouldn't worry about it. There's ALOT of ways to no get tested. Plus EPA doesn't have the funding like they use to, it's not gonna be a big issue

Ok.... But I do know a few guys who have been pulled over for some stupid **** like not using a signal light and only to have the officer questioned them on their exhaust. Now bear in mind these were some younger guys so I do think a lot of it has to do with that rolling coal bull****!!! But I have a funny feeling when this comes into effect I'm thinking it's going to give these local cops some more teeth to their want-a-be bite!!!

We'll see...I just know I won't have anything to worry about and that I like!!!

TexasPowerstroke

Reaction score
I hear you DaCajun but I also read somewhere that Texas was thinking with doing away with emission testing all together. I have no idea how that would come about. I am going to try to see if I can find that article as I have no source at this point.

dboat

Reaction score
Having to retrieve my old exhaust out of the attic and have all new E G R stuff added back on would just stink. Its only going to shorten the lifespan of my 170K mile truck. This just doesnt sound right with this administration. Please check on the source and make sure this is really happening. Depending on how soon, I might need to get mine inspected sooner rather than later.

Jake

Reaction score
I figured it would be coming. They will find the funding for the programs.... They will charge us for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
Some states have tested all the way back, I know in CO. Guys were getting 7.3's tested, they had cats,,,,,,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Ok.... But I do know a few guys who have been pulled over for some stupid **** like not using a signal light and only to have the officer questioned them on their exhaust. Now bear in mind these were some younger guys so I do think a lot of it has to do with that rolling coal bull****!!! But I have a funny feeling when this comes into effect I'm thinking it's going to give these local cops some more teeth to their want-a-be bite!!!

We'll see...I just know I won't have anything to worry about and that I like!!!

This is the biggest reason I put a muffler and resonator on, got pulled over once since I lost weight and I make a habit of turning of the truck when pulled over right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izzybird

Reaction score
Those are libtard states, not TX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Texas Way Of Life that a lot of us are so proud to be a part of is dying a slow miserable death. Luckily they can't eradicate it, just suppress it.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Honestly I thought they were already testing diesels starting in 2011. 6.7s only get a safety inspection here?

superpsd

Reaction score
Up here in Washington 2007 and up diesel vehicles are exempt from emission testing. And older smaller diesels.
These gasoline vehicles never need emission tests:
Motorcycles

WA State emissions...

These gasoline vehicles never need emission tests
2009 and newer models

Toyota Prius and Honda Insight

These diesel vehicles never need emission tests:
All diesel powered passenger vehicles weighing less than 6,001 pounds

All diesel vehicles model year 2007 and newer, regardless of weight.

Last edited:

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
So just some hearsay from some young kids and no facts? No bills introduced? Nothing past the House or Senate? yawn....

this exact type of thread pops up twice a year about Texas. I'll worry about it when it happens.

WichitaF250

Reaction score
My deal is I hear ******d stuff all the time, turbo whistle a little bark here and there no big deal. A little puff or cloud taking off or getting up to speed no problem. Big puff showing off drawing attention blacking out an intersection, now you got my attention...now let's look and see what you don't have. Drive like an everyday person have a good one, act like a fool we will have a chat. You choose your own option. Lol just my $0.02

andrewtac

Reaction score
So just some hearsay from some young kids and no facts? No bills introduced? Nothing past the House or Senate? yawn....

this exact type of thread pops up twice a year about Texas. I'll worry about it when it happens.

Was wondering the same. .

Latest posts

Members online