OBS Bench Seat to Captain's Chairs questions

clayholz

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently scooped up a set of captain's chairs and center console from an extended cab f150 from the junkyard. I have a crew cab with the bench seat/flip console currently in my truck. Upon inspection I noticed that the bench uses two bolts per side and the seats are bolted to a pan. The captain's chairs each use 4 bolts to secure it to the floor. So my first question is has anyone else done this swap? It's looking like the two existing bolts/holes are going to line up with the new seats, but i believe that I will have to drill two new holes per side for the captains seats. I'm wondering if drilling new holes and using large washers would suffice in supporting the seats. I've seen elsewhere people talking about using a pan from an extended cab, but the truck i pulled the seats from didn't have a pan, there were bolted directly to the floor.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I think single cab/crew cabs are the same, and extended cabs are a different mounting style. The single/crew cans use a floor pan. Can't speak for sure on the extended cabs.

DarcyB

Reaction score
Single cab and crew cabs are the same as previously mentioned and will directly swap whether you're using bench or 40/20/40 seats. Extended cab mounts are different but doable with fabrication

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

clayholz

Reaction score
Single cab and crew cabs are the same as previously mentioned and will directly swap whether you're using bench or 40/20/40 seats. Extended cab mounts are different but doable with fabrication

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Any idea what kind of fabrication is involved? Looks to me that I would need to drill two new holes per seat on the inside, and the outside bolts would be retained from the 40/20/40

Strokersace

Reaction score
Don't know if you can, but can you swap over the seat tracks? I can't see Ford making a different seat for the different configuration cabs. Tracks - yes, seat - no.

Billy T.
[email protected]

40/20/40 Seats are the same between rc, sc, and cc. A sc seat can be removed from its track and mounted to the 40/20/40 framework and vice versa. This may go for the captains chair option from the sc too, but I haven’t messed with them at all.

However the wildcard is the bench seat. On the bench, the mounting is integrated into the seat itself verses having a framework like the 40/20/40 bolt to. So I don’t believe it has anything under it that you can bolt a 40/20/40 seat to.

clayholz

Reaction score
40/20/40 Seats are the same between rc, sc, and cc. A sc seat can be removed from its track and mounted to the 40/20/40 framework and vice versa. This may go for the captains chair option from the sc too, but I haven’t messed with them at all.

However the wildcard is the bench seat. On the bench, the mounting is integrated into the seat itself verses having a framework like the 40/20/40 bolt to. So I don’t believe it has anything under it that you can bolt a 40/20/40 seat to.
Y'all are right and i dont know how I overlooked the tracks. Started working on it last night and they swap over perfectly. I also had to swap over the recliner levers from the 40/20/40 seats. There are already 3 pre-drilled holes in the seat pan for the center console as well since the lightnings came with the captains/console configuration. I appreciate the input

Bugman

Reaction score
Perhaps the OP needs to clarify a little.

Do you have a bench seat or do you have the 40/20/40 seats? In the first post you mention that it is a bench and then in another it sounds like you have 40/20/40 seats.

Strokersace

Reaction score

Do you have a bench seat or do you have the 40/20/40 seats? In the first post you mention that it is a bench and then in another it sounds like you have 40/20/40 seats.

This! I’m confused now more than ever!

clayholz

Reaction score

Sorry for the confusion, I have the 40/20/40 seat and just finished up swapping over the captains chairs. As was previously stated all i had to do was transfer the sliders over and it bolted right up. I dont know why I didnt figure that out in the first place.

spencer922

Reaction score
When I did this swap I took the captains chairs (40/20/40) split out of a single cab and bolted right in the backseat of my crew. Came out as one unit and bolted in as one unit.

I thing everything was the same on it from when I could tell when I compared it to my Grandpa's ext cab.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.