Help with converter slipping

boss300

Reaction score
I just had a 4r100 built for my 7.3 and the torque converter will slip under max power after its already locked up. The trans has billet internals with The full transgo tugger kit installed. The converter is a diamond t low stall supposedly rated for 650 hp. I have 250/200’s and a kc 38r so I don’t have enough air to get anywhere close to 650 hp. I noticed on my scan tool that the converter never gets fully locked under part throttle until the modulation gets to 100%. Previous converters I’ve had will stop slipping and be locked at around 60 percent. It also has a shudder right before full lock up but drives fine other than that if you stay out of the throttle. I can use my manual converter lock switch and do a 3rd or 4th gear WOT pull and I can feel something slipping. My scan tool shows converter slip at 250 rpm when the truck is making max power. What do you guys think is wrong? Do I have a bad converter or is the transmission not giving the converter enough fluid to lock?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Do I have a bad converter or is the transmission not giving the converter enough fluid to lock?
It is one of those two. I don't know how to tell which one it is without taking the trans apart.

It could be a seal on the input shaft was damaged when installing the converter. I've seen that happen several times. It could be a problem inside the converter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.