Mechanically Injected 7.3 Trucks Info/Pictures

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Got some important parts today. Big thanks to craneman and Nate at Unlimited Diesel.
c5edce6506bc87b1742cdbede49412b7.jpg
4d5a7a356479eda3880ed5029966ab42.jpg
97c9b5d827dd218b0b773203800647e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
3a985b39ce4f46334edf70d3a84d7114.jpg
9210a3e2277c4b8e4233b88d064538a7.jpg

Finally had a few hours to work on it this weekend, got one side fabbed up and tacked together. Need to do the other side but had to do an egr ****** on my brothers 6.0 and an emergency bellowed up pipe install on my tow rig so we can make it to a horse show this weekend lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The drive flange is quite interesting, I'd wonder what it came off of.. I have a P3000 off DVT800 right now, You can build a 3000 up 14mm with a quick rate cam and 6k springs and that will do more than enough in just about any class a single charger 7.3 can do. I have one with 13mm stuff in it and it's good for 800cc.. Interesting find indeed!

gwunter

Reaction score
I've got a 3000 sitting around as well, but it's only got 10mm P&Bs in it. What is the Bosch part number for 13mm elements??

WHITExOBS

Reaction score
Read a bunch of the first few pages and went back a couple from the most recent. Ill get through all 40 sooner or later, however im curious if theres more plsces then just hypermax to get parts for this conversion? I see unlimited diesel has something from a few posts ago, is there any others? Sorry if this was answered already, like i said i still have many pages to weed through.

Im still researching but im considering a mech conversion for my single cab fun truck that i slowly(over the years) want to turn into a dedicated drag truck. I have an inline pump i bought like 6 years ago, i know nothing about it other then its an A pump i believe so ill have to get some pictures and see if you guys can help me identify it better.

imelmo

Reaction score
Empire Diesel was working on one also but I don't know if they ever finished it.

WHITExOBS

Reaction score
Heres the pump i have, not sure what its capable of or if its anything wprth writing home about. Hoping someone here might have an idea.

yHbYHh2.jpg

iZjuwMv.jpg

JCnk1be.jpg

qmt2rYz.jpg

Edit:
Holy big images. Sorry uploaded from my phone no idea how to resize.

gwunter

Reaction score
I'll take a swing at this and add my 0.01$.

That is an A size pump not a P. I believe the biggest bosch elements available for it are 10mm.....or 9.5mm like yours is. I have an identical A pump sitting in my shop. More than likely these are off the 9.0l internatonal NA motor.....a slug. But if you have the coin/desire, these pumps can be modified to put out bunch of fuel. Much more work involved than modifying a P series. The A will take a different drive hub as the P is heavier. Also the front bearing carrier is smaller as well, so you will also need a different intermediate plate(goes between new front cover and pump) than what companies are producing. The spacing between the elements is also a bit shorter but you could probably just bend the available fuel lines to make work. Then again I think the threads on the 8 fuel outlets on the A are smaller than the P too.

Fwiw
20160828_191338_zps91ffvczs.jpg

I've contemplated trying an A as well, but I keep going back to the P series. If you hunt around on e bay you will eventually run across one. But not all Ps are the same either. There's 3000 and 7000 series Ps, and others. I think most kits are set up for the 7000. I know on the 3000vs 7000, the cam bearing carriers are heavier/bigger on the 7, along with a bigger diameter cam nose (mates to drive hub). If the data tag read PES8....then it's a flange mount like your A, if the tag reads PE8.....then it's a cradle mount type; not worthless just not as desirable. The letter following the 8 (or could be a 3,4,6,8) is the series of pump. Some series are M, MW, A, P, H, Z. Sorry to ramble, just things I've observed over the years.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'll take a swing at this and add my 0.01$.

That is an A size pump not a P. I believe the biggest bosch elements available for it are 10mm.....or 9.5mm like yours is. I have an identical A pump sitting in my shop. More than likely these are off the 9.0l internatonal NA motor.....a slug. But if you have the coin/desire, these pumps can be modified to put out bunch of fuel. Much more work involved than modifying a P series. The A will take a different drive hub as the P is heavier. Also the front bearing carrier is smaller as well, so you will also need a different intermediate plate(goes between new front cover and pump) than what companies are producing. The spacing between the elements is also a bit shorter but you could probably just bend the available fuel lines to make work. Then again I think the threads on the 8 fuel outlets on the A are smaller than the P too.

Fwiw
20160828_191338_zps91ffvczs.jpg

I've contemplated trying an A as well, but I keep going back to the P series. If you hunt around on e bay you will eventually run across one. But not all Ps are the same either. There's 3000 and 7000 series Ps, and others. I think most kits are set up for the 7000. I know on the 3000vs 7000, the cam bearing carriers are heavier/bigger on the 7, along with a bigger diameter cam nose (mates to drive hub). If the data tag read PES8....then it's a flange mount like your A, if the tag reads PE8.....then it's a cradle mount type; not worthless just not as desirable. The letter following the 8 (or could be a 3,4,6,8) is the series of pump. Some series are M, MW, A, P, H, Z. Sorry to ramble, just things I've observed over the years.
good info.. do you know the cc's of that A pump? I mean if it was feeding 9l of motor it should be able to be turned up a lil for a budget build I would think..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

WHITExOBS

Reaction score
Oh wow thanks for all that info gwunter. i thought it was an A pump just wasnt 100% sure, sucks its so much different that i would basically need to redesign a kit to fit it, was hoping it would be easier (wouldnt that just be splendid). Probly be cheaper/easier to just buy a hypermax kit or something and be done with it wouldnt ya think? Like i said earlier im still at the begining of even looking into this stuff, so im not even up to full speed on whats all involved to piece together a kit to utilize my pump. Ill have to do more homework and see what i can figure out i got plenty of time.

PSDEng

Reaction score
Oh wow thanks for all that info gwunter. i thought it was an A pump just wasnt 100% sure, sucks its so much different that i would basically need to redesign a kit to fit it, was hoping it would be easier (wouldnt that just be splendid). Probly be cheaper/easier to just buy a hypermax kit or something and be done with it wouldnt ya think? Like i said earlier im still at the begining of even looking into this stuff, so im not even up to full speed on whats all involved to piece together a kit to utilize my pump. Ill have to do more homework and see what i can figure out i got plenty of time.

Carson stauffer has kits. Check out my posts in this thread

Latest posts

Members online