KC tp38r... how about some OBS love!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
We are just struggling with the intake boot. Looks like we are going to have to design 2 separate boots. One for the plastic SD ccv tube and one for the Metal OBS ccv tube. We did not realize that so many guys swap to the superduty CCV and intake boot. So at this time the only customers buying the turbo are willing to do a little tweaking on the intake tube.

Never heard of this mod in using the SD CCV. You have any more info on it?

Billy T.
[email protected]

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Here is a picture that a customer sent of his turbo installed.

C0C41149-C0AC-427A-AF4C-77655465C14F_zpsmjdjr94b.png

KCTurbos

Reaction score
It's basically the "updated" boot and elbow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

^^^WHS

Ford does not sell the OBS boot anymore. If it rips then you have to upgrade to the Superduty boost and elbow

KCTurbos

Reaction score
That is some good news, thanks. What would you think of 160/146s, T-500, Bill's tunes and your turbo for a light (~3000 lbs) tow truck? Basally, no smoke and can handle some mountains and altitude.

I am not trying to lose a turbo sale... but adding bigger injectors and a bigger turbo does not make a truck 100% "smoke free"... it can actually make it smokier if you mash the pedal too hard/fast.

Towing 3000lbs is no problem... but I would not expect to do that at 1700rpms when lugging the motor with a bigger turbo/injectors

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am not trying to lose a turbo sale... but adding bigger injectors and a bigger turbo does not make a truck 100% "smoke free"... it can actually make it smokier if you mash the pedal too hard/fast.

Towing 3000lbs is no problem... but I would not expect to do that at 1700rpms when lugging the motor with a bigger turbo/injectors

Those are stock injectors...well, they are single shots but if you weld the pilot injection spill ports shut you gain 10cc and thats what an ac code (160cc) is. 146 is a stock super duty nozzle. Or a 0%. If this tyrbo flows more than a 38r, which im sure it does, this truck shouldnt smoke a bit with good tuning.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Those are stock injectors...well, they are single shots but if you weld the pilot injection spill ports shut you gain 10cc and thats what an ac code (160cc) is. 146 is a stock super duty nozzle. Or a 0%. If this tyrbo flows more than a 38r, which im sure it does, this truck shouldnt smoke a bit with good tuning.

Although I agree with everything you are saying. I was trying to make a different point that some people miss.

I don't sell "smoke free" setups because you always get that one guy will load up the hottest tune and 100% mash the pedal from a stop sign and complain about smoke. Going with bigger turbo and injectors only makes that problem more prevalent. I hope that makes sense.

A good turbo and injector combo will run virtually smoke free with good tunes and the correct driving style.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Although I agree with everything you are saying. I was trying to make a different point that some people miss.

I don't sell "smoke free" setups because you always get that one guy will load up the hottest tune and 100% mash the pedal from a stop sign and complain about smoke. Going with bigger turbo and injectors only makes that problem more prevalent. I hope that makes sense.

A good turbo and injector combo will run virtually smoke free with good tunes and the correct driving style.

Well, if that guy shows up direct him to me. Im not hesitant to tell them what we both think lol :D

tyler2k

Reaction score
Any news on this i went on the site because i plan on ordering one while doing my build this winter but didn't see anything. You guys know how this will pair with stage 1s

tyler2k

Reaction score
I was gonna pull the trigger on a d66 but kept hearing mixed reviews, I'm hoping this goes well with my stage 1s

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
I was gonna pull the trigger on a d66 but kept hearing mixed reviews, I'm hoping this goes well with my stage 1s
Dont get the d66. I know too many guys personally that have got it and had to get them replaced due to bearing failure. These kc turbos are rebuildable AND ball bearing. The d66 isnt ball bearing

1994.5 CCLB zf5

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
HERE ARE SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS:

REBUILDABLE DUAL BALL BEARING TURBO FOR QUICK SPOOL UP AND RELIABILITY

UPGRADED BILLET 6X6 DUAL PLANE 66X93 COMPRESSOR WHEEL

1.0 A/R EXHAUST HOUSING FOR BETTER SPOOLING OVER THE STOCK 1.15

3.5” PORTED COMPRESSOR COVER WITH ANTI-SURGE RING

LARGER 76X70 HIGH FLOW TURBINE WHEEL TO INCREASE FLOW THROUGH THE TURBINE HOUSING

THIS TURBO RUNS WELL UP TO ABOUT 250/100’s, BUT ALSO HAS BEEN RAN ON 250/200 INJECTORS WITH RESPECTABLE BOOST AND BACK PRESSURE RATIO NUMBERS. INTERCOOLER WOULD BE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THOUGH WITH INJECTORS THIS SIZE.

AWESOME TURBO TO TOW WITH ON SMALLER INJECTORS

1994.5 CCLB zf5

tyler2k

Reaction score
That link didn't work for me. But I'm gonna email then when I'm ready to rip my truck apart

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
For a turbo that holds up to a gtp38r and its a rebuildable dual ball bearing id say its worth $1,500 if you don't wanna pay an extra atleast 1k extra for t4. Just depends how serious you wanna get

1994.5 CCLB zf5

tyler2k

Reaction score
I don't plan on going past my stage 1s i basically just use it for towing and regular driving iv got a mustang if i wanna go fast haha

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
I dont even have stage 1 sticks lol still got stocks. My diesel mech. Always told me to go with turbo before fuel so thats my route... look him up on Facebook "Diesel Doctor of TN"

1994.5 CCLB zf5

ncollins64

Reaction score
Ive sold several of these turbos, and put them on stage 1s all the way to 250 hybrids. All I can say is I've been impressed and so has the owners of the trucks. It's way ahead of a d66 and is worth the lil bit extra.

Latest posts

Members online