1978 Crew Cab F250 4X4, 7.3 POWERSTROKE Conversion

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Just curious.... why not body swap and carry over as much of the interior as humanlu possible. Dash, hvac etc? A few years back the laughable show power block did a body swap similar to yours using a dodge 2wd cummins dually. They reused alot of the donor stuff. Ibassume it would speed up and help the swap. Just a idea. Being a avid fan of the late 70s fords ive kept a tab on this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gwunter

Reaction score
Your wiring issue is a simple fix. Just do a modest mechanical conversion on the 7.3 and with one 12v wire you will be up and running......and breaking everything behind the engine back on the drivetrain. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1killerz

Reaction score
Just curious.... why not body swap and carry over as much of the interior as humanlu possible. Dash, hvac etc? A few years back the laughable show power block did a body swap similar to yours using a dodge 2wd cummins dually. They reused alot of the donor stuff. Ibassume it would speed up and help the swap. Just a idea. Being a avid fan of the late 70s fords ive kept a tab on this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Two main reasons:
1. I wanted something different than the body swap or the cummins transplant. The thought of keeping the frame, body, and all else that I could 1970's was the driving force.
2. I'm stoopid and love painting myself in a corner. if I had body swapped, kept gasoline, or even "gasp" went the cummins route, I'd been driving her a long time ago.

I remember seeing that episode of Power Block, hoping to get some insight. The insight is I am doing it the long and hard way.

1killerz

Reaction score
Last edited:

BrandonMag

Reaction score
Super cool build! :ford:

I have also had diesel projects that took way longer than originally intended... or that I never finished. What you've done so far looks great! Just keep pecking away at it, eventually you'll get there.

Latest posts

Members online