transmission question

Short Bus

Reaction score
Ive got a customer with a 2011 c&c that bought a truck with a blown up engine. He bought a package deal used engine and trans with low miles out of what turns out to be a 2016. He wants the engine and trans both swapped out since the trans has alot less miles than whats in the truck. I noticed the parts tag has slightly different parts numbers. the 2011 is a bc3z-7000-m and the 2016 trans is a bc3z-7000-d. ford said they dont supersede to one another and doesnt know if they are interchangeable. Transmission guru's can i put the 2016 trans in the older truck w/o any problems????

sootie

Reaction score
Yes you can. The reason they are not interchangeable is because there are hard part differences between them. It will really screw up the next shop that has to work on it if they look up parts by vin but functionality is no problem.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Make sure you program the solenoid if numbers, should be a sticker on the side of the trans, otherwise, what sootie said.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Short Bus

Reaction score
thanks guys!

Make sure you program the solenoid if numbers, should be a sticker on the side of the trans, otherwise, what sootie said.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

which sticker am i looking for? theres one on the drivers side behind the electrical plug and two on the passenger side. I can only read the one passenger side thats got a square bar code on it.

sootie

Reaction score
its on the passenger side iirc. it says Solenoid ID

If you dont have ids you can program it with FORSCan also,.

Latest posts

Members online