Super Stock PPL/NTPA 6.4??

Reaction score
Has anyone contemplated building a 6.4 for the Superstock class running two chargers, if so how would they do it?? I know these classes require some serious engineering and horsepower but I wonder why 6.4's haven't showed up in them yet??

PDT1081

Reaction score
Has anyone contemplated building a 6.4 for the Superstock class running two chargers, if so how would they do it?? I know these classes require some serious engineering and horsepower but I wonder why 6.4's haven't showed up in them yet??

Because Haisley and Scheid don't work on Fords.

Reaction score
My question here is how are the Dmax trucks making this kinda power.. I don't know a whole lot about the Dmax setups but they are hanging in there with the Cummins, and there are only two 7.3's (Double O.T and Lunatic Fringe) that can hang with the bunch. I mean what would it take, approx 800cc through the nozzles, 6500 rpm, and a whole lot of air?? I know it takes lots of fuel to supply the rail, I know Morgan is going 3.0 and this has got to tell us something.. I just wonder when we're gonna see some advancements that could fuel one that hard.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My question here is how are the Dmax trucks making this kinda power.. I don't know a whole lot about the Dmax setups but they are hanging in there with the Cummins, and there are only two 7.3's (Double O.T and Lunatic Fringe) that can hang with the bunch. I mean what would it take, approx 800cc through the nozzles, 6500 rpm, and a whole lot of air?? I know it takes lots of fuel to supply the rail, I know Morgan is going 3.0 and this has got to tell us something.. I just wonder when we're gonna see some advancements that could fuel one that hard.

because the dmax has been out in almost identical form since 2001 , thats 14 years of development and its a damn good design. ford didnt get common rail until 2007 , and it wasnt a real desirable engine, as well it only lasted 3 model years. morgan has proven with enough dedication you can get something that knocks on doors, but thats about it. the 6.7 can and will , but again its time. the dmax really didnt start getting busy until wes kusilek and troy wakeman put a ton of time and money into development of 3.0 and 2.8 stuff. flat out, the 6.4 fuel only is a turd compared to others unless you spend the time like morgan and the american turd did , and the american turd went cummins after only 2 years. these are only my opinions, and i could be very wrong, but i doubt it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The one dmax ive seen up close isnt fueled lije a street pickup either. Its got a goddamd standalone Bosch pump...like a big sumbitsh....

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score

I believe Morgan is going 3.0 because he's tired of breaking driveline parts. Not becauss He was blowing the doors off all the 2.6 guys. And there is only one duramax who is competing in super stock that is Kyle Micheals he had 3 cp3s on a truck before 90 percent of anyone had 2.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
Let's not forget about headflow..... It becomes very tough for a 6.4 to make anything over 1000hp without spray because of the ****ty headflow. There are also no aftermarket options either besides some porting.

Kind

Reaction score
I'm actually building a super stock 6.4 right now. 3 82mm turbos, 3 K16 pump, I'm getting completely one off heads made that will flow enough(specs are a secret).

I will be putting it in a Jetta. I'm contemplating converting it to rear wheel drive as well. And incase anyone wants to know it will be a convertible. Originally I was gonna use a Ranchero but couldn't find one up here so a Jetta seemed like the next reasonable choice.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm actually building a super stock 6.4 right now. 3 82mm turbos, 3 K16 pump, I'm getting completely one off heads made that will flow enough(specs are a secret).

I will be putting it in a Jetta. I'm contemplating converting it to rear wheel drive as well. And incase anyone wants to know it will be a convertible. Originally I was gonna use a Ranchero but couldn't find one up here so a Jetta seemed like the next reasonable choice.

(3) K16 not enough in super stock homey.... need to make 2500 ponies, at minimum. nice attempt though !

Kind

Reaction score
(3) K16 not enough in super stock homey.... need to make 2500 ponies, at minimum. nice attempt though !

I forgot to add they will be II dragon fires. It's just a start, gotta see how well that chassis handles the extra ponies. I'll add a 4th or 5th as I dial it in.

Kind

Reaction score
And if that isn't enough to be competitive then I know where I can get a sweet set of modified Ram mirrors glued up in tow position that should put me in the winners circle.

Reaction score
Hmm, so head flow is an issue, I didn't know that the heads were that restrictive on a 6.4, I was reading on Rocken tech website that most pullers that need about 1200-1500hp with the 5.9s need approx 1200 cc of fuel to steadily make that kinda power and the guys who make big power with multiple chargers use up to 1600cc. I can see why a few have been developing the 7.3 with the P-pump set up due to ease of fuel delivery and available displacement. Unlimited's truck IMO will be a tough truck next year and they did a heck of a job. I just wondered why you don't see a whole lot of 6.4s yet, they have proven to be a solid platform when built right obviously. Oh and those moose tow mirrors can add up 200hp when fully extended btw..

Reaction score
I believe Morgan is going 3.0 because he's tired of breaking driveline parts. Not becauss He was blowing the doors off all the 2.6 guys. And there is only one duramax who is competing in super stock that is Kyle Micheals he had 3 cp3s on a truck before 90 percent of anyone had 2.

Well, at least around here I was. And it finished pretty damn good considering it qualified 6th at scheids last year. I mean, that's beating a lot of other quality trucks. Not saying it was because it had more power. But it's more than able to compete with the 2.6-3.0 crowd.

2500 out of a 6.4 will probably never happen with Siemens injectors. I'll move one to a different platform long before I try superstock class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, at least around here I was. And it finished pretty damn good considering it qualified 6th at scheids last year. I mean, that's beating a lot of other quality trucks. Not saying it was because it had more power. But it's more than able to compete with the 2.6-3.0 crowd.

2500 out of a 6.4 will probably never happen with Siemens injectors. I'll move one to a different platform long before I try superstock class.

it was a joke. no way in hell they would. the pumps was the easy dig .

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score

Not saying you didn't I more ment you didn't go to 3.0 because you didn't have any competition in 2.6. If you get what I mean. Your truck ran extremely well.

Latest posts

Members online