New mechanical pump no start

littlerobert1983

Reaction score
I've installed a new fuel pump in my 1995 7.3 and it don't sound like it's firing it was blocked by debris from the aux tank so I removed this and selector valve. It just cranks and cranks but no hit,unless I shot some either into the motor. I've replaced the cps ipr icp fuel filter and now fuel pump. I also replaced the idm with a 110 volt model fuel bowl filled by hand to prime pump and get motor started but will not run nor start or hit without a shot of ether. What could I be missing

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
This is the 4th thread started in the last week.. I know it's frustrating but we lose track of what's been discussed in the previous 3.

You appear to have not done many of the things suggested earlier. A lot of very experienced guys have commented. Please help us get clear on some questions.

Will the new pump pull fuel from the tank?
Will any vac source pull from the tank? Is the line all the way into the tank confirmed clear?
White smoke when cranking?
Fuel pressure when cranking? (You should have pressure)
OBD data; ICP, buzz test, etc?

Sorry to bust on ya a little, but let's understand the knowns and learn what we don't know.

boggerr

Reaction score
:whs:
Check all that out but if I read your other threads correctly you said you put an IDM in then you posted the truck wouldn't start at all.
If you are getting fuel pressure I would throw the original IDM back in

rrchlin

Reaction score
Get an OBD2 bluetooth adapter for $10 or $12
https://www.amazon.com/Vgate-Blueto...8&qid=1509416953&sr=8-15&keywords=OBD2+TORQUE

There are cheaper ones but I have this 1 and it works well.

And get the Torque Pro App for $4-5. With that you will get access to the Powerstroke PIDS and can read HPOP pressure while cranking. Better to get this sooner than later. As you can still use it to diagnose/monitor even after getting your truck running.

Latest posts

Members online