Death Wobble

Salt250

Reaction score
I have been fighting this for months with no end in site.... I have had the tie rod ends changed the drag link and it’s tie rod end pivot bushing and steering stabilizer front end realigned and tires balanced with correct pressure....if any of y’all could help me that would be greatly appreciated I don’t wanna keep throwing money at a ghost....... TIA

Salt250

Reaction score
And the truck is completely stock no lift or oversized rims and tires.... 2011 250

Jeff6146

Reaction score
And the truck is completely stock no lift or oversized rims and tires.... 2011 250

Ok mine is doing it now and one of my workers showed me what it is. I’m attaching a picture it is number four. Now this is just my truck but mine is the driver side that is broke. It’s that stem sticking straight up with bushings on both ends. You’re going to need another person to turn the steering wheel back-and-forth so you can look at all the linkages. When I got under there after you showed me it was very very clear what the problem is. I got the extended warranty from Ford because I know how expensive it is to fix a diesel so mine is all covered and I have an appointment in Odessa Texas next Tuesday.

f10b90d74a201464147dffd5d1e3ebd6.jpg
4ebdd86018c7a286d186647c22aed41a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Ok mine is doing it now and one of my workers showed me what it is. I’m attaching a picture it is number four. Now this is just my truck but mine is the driver side that is broke. It’s that stem sticking straight up with bushings on both ends. You’re going to need another person to turn the steering wheel back-and-forth so you can look at all the linkages. When I got under there after you showed me it was very very clear what the problem is. I got the extended warranty from Ford because I know how expensive it is to fix a diesel so mine is all covered and I have an appointment in Odessa Texas next Tuesday.

f10b974a201464147dffd5d1e3ebd6.jpg
4ebdd86018c7a286d186647c22aed41a.jpg

LOL wut?!

Jeff6146

Reaction score
LOL wut?!

What didn’t you understand. I provided a picture. I may not have called it what it is but the picture says it all. In the picture it’s the model in the middle and it’s that’s “stem” that is sticking straight up. Hell, now I’m going to go take a picture so you’ll understand.

Jeff6146

Reaction score
What didn’t you understand. I provided a picture. I may not have called it what it is but the picture says it all. In the picture it’s the model in the middle and it’s that’s “stem” that is sticking straight up. Hell, now I’m going to go take a picture so you’ll understand.

The first picture is the driver side on my truck which is broke the other two pictures are the passenger side of my truck of same part which is not broke. You see the passenger side is straight up and down where the driver side yes not.

1d8a444bb513c309a0f31e0143f7d1df.jpg
8d4d7b08f541691e5aa0c4c1277c73cc.jpg
e6927f3f12e0094dfea5f482a471dcf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Well first, the Google image you posted has absolutely no relevance to a ford, or your truck.

What you are showing in your pic is the sway bar end links. Sway bars help control body roll-nothing to do with death wobble.

Sbriggs

Reaction score
Death wobble diagnosis should start with; a. Just driven down a flat smooth road. b. During deceleration or coming down steep decline. c. Braking light or heavily. a. Can be trouble shot from the suspension and steering components. b. Is same search mostly. c. Will mostly be from tie rods or worn brake parts. So be more specific don't just give a general term other couch trouble shooters will give answers based upon common sense and/or thier previous issues. This issue can be a true nightmare. Not a super duty but a new z71 one year old death wobble never met dirt, never towed, well driven never fixed had traded for f150 after mass of dealer guessing the parts. Even all new tires lol. So it does matter the story.

Sbriggs

Reaction score
Also is it specific speed situation, just saying give everything you know and parts you changed to fix it. But just as important or more maintenance performed prior to the problem even if months b4! Not all mechanics are created equally.

Ciras

Reaction score
You also need to confirm proper torque on ALL suspension hardware. Do not guess. Do not hammer away with an impact. Use a torque wrench and the Ford specs. Your arm is not calibrated.

If you find loose hardware, do not assume that is the culprit. Continue until all the fasteners have been checked.

Then methodically check all suspension components for play. Play special attention to the traction bar ball joint and bushing; these are often the problem or a significant contributor.

Jeff6146

Reaction score
It’s your front end. Don’t let them tell you any different. Mi e did the same thing and a West Texas dealer fixed mine while out on the pipeline. I can look at my papers in the morning if you want to know what mine was so you know a starting point. Just PM me and remind me.

Latest posts

Members online