Lowered the F450...

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Still don't have the air bags in the back yet, was waiting to make sure I'm done messing with ride height. Towed the truck the track Friday night, maybe 7000# (give or take). Dropped the back of the truck noticeably, but that's understandable without the overloads. Didn't bottom out (at least not hard enough to feel if it did) and handled it fine. Will be great with some leveling bags. Just finished dialing in the pinion angle this morning, needed to adjust for a slight high speed vibration. Should be ready for me to get the bags and bars in now.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Been a month, how's it going now?

I have my dually on 4400's and no rear block, but thinking about taking it down another inch or so. Granted, mine's not a new one but still. Will be following yours for sure!

Strokersace

Reaction score
Any updates on this?

Going to be installing shackles from PMF on mine to get the rear down another 1.5-2" without losing load capacity. But worried about the front with the bump stops. They're already cut down (only an inch left in them) and I'm a couple inches from the axle. If I cut a coil or 1.5, I'll be on them again.

Interested to see how you're handling the front...

Jomax

Reaction score
I’ll get him to go look at this thread lol.

He’s had his hands full these past few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
All still getting dialed in. Built custom mounts for the rear air bags. They come close but don't quite fully level the truck with my new GN Race Trailer. Would be better if they were over the top of the axle, but didn't care for the amount of room there. May reevaluate after a few trips, we will see.

33145455_1038179293000084_451581644709560320_n.jpg

Current rear setup is OE Blocks removed, OE Overloads removed, OE "Axle Wrap" Leaf removed, OUO 1" Block installed, OUO 2.5" Remote Reservoir Shocks installed, Custom Air Bag setup with AirLift Bags installed.

34368025_1045276982290315_7935950285594165248_n.jpg

The front hasn't changed from the first post. I've got some prototype OUO bumpstops I need to install this week before I make the tow to Colorado. Won't be pulling my trailer yet as I don't have my CDL and have no desire to risk getting pulled over, so I will be pulling a 24' Tandem Enclosed (Thanks Jomax!) instead.

Trailer weight is on the truck in that picture. Trailer gear is still down because I was testing the "auto leveling" and adjusting the sensor.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Looks good. Just finished doing the 2WD setup Airlift Ultimate 5000 on my lowered 350 SRW today.

Latest posts

Members online