What are injector cores worth these days?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
If they can be bought at such low prices why do rebuilder's want 10 to 15 times what you'll are quoting?

To make sure we get cores back. Period.
With single injector sales I charge $100 core upfront, and I rarely get the injector core back and get their $100. People don't want to take the time and send it back.
If there's more to the story ask the people that don't send them back.
At $800 core, there is a lot of incentive to get them back ASAP to get their refund.
Anything less and people just don't care I guess.

Flounder_Pounder

Reaction score
To make sure we get cores back. Period.
With single injector sales I charge $100 core upfront, and I rarely get the injector core back and get their $100. People don't want to take the time and send it back.
If there's more to the story ask the people that don't send them back.
At $800 core, there is a lot of incentive to get them back ASAP to get their refund.
Anything less and people just don't care I guess.

I guess people must have more money to through away then me.... You'd thank folks would take the time to get almost a 50% ”rebate”.... Maybe a trip to UPS is just to intimidating....

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
I guess people must have more money to through away then me.... You'd thank folks would take the time to get almost a 50% ”rebate”.... Maybe a trip to UPS is just to intimidating....

So just because I choose the take the offered option of paying a core charge, that labels me as someone who throws away money? or is too lazy to ship a parcel?

Ever considered the forward thinking people that plan ahead for if/when they may want to return their truck to stock? ...and have budgeted that into their build cost?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Ever considered the forward thinking people that plan ahead for if/when they may want to return their truck to stock? ...and have budgeted that into their build cost?

That is a very good point.
But when cores are so cheap, why not buy a core set and send it in for the rebuild/upgrade that you want, then keep your stock set? This would undoubtedly be much cheaper than loosing your $800 core charge.

Flounder_Pounder

Reaction score
That is a very good point.
But when cores are so cheap, why not buy a core set and send it in for the rebuild/upgrade that you want, then keep your stock set? This would undoubtedly be much cheaper than losing your $800 core charge.

That's what I was going to say... folks are saying good used\cores are like 10 bucks but you say keep instead of getting this cheap cores and sending them back... FYI I looked on eBay and folks are buying and selling them for a lot more the then 10-15 bucks... goes back to things just don't add up for me...

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Believe what you want then.
I buy cores every month. I take them in on partial trade for a build. I knock $100 off the cost of a build for a good set of 8. That's about $12 per core.
I also have core sellers calling/emailing every so often trying to unload their 7.3 cores for $10 each.
Don't believe me if you want, doesn't matter to me.
Something is only worth what someone is willing to buy it for.

I also see stuff selling on eBay for more than what I can buy it for at Tractor Supply, Home Depot, and even Wal-Mart, so go figure.

Flounder_Pounder

Reaction score
Believe what you want then. I do just doesn't add up to me is all...
I buy cores every month. I take them in on partial trade for a build. I knock $100 off the cost of a build for a good set of 8. That's about $12 per core.
I also have core sellers calling/emailing every so often trying to unload their 7.3 cores for $10 each. But you get $800 for the fact folks won't sent them back... so it's good business practice....
Don't believe me if you want, doesn't matter to me.
Something is only worth what someone is willing to buy it for.

I also see stuff selling on eBay for more than what I can buy it for at Tractor Supply, Home Depot, and even Wal-Mart, so go figure. This is true, but why send them to you at $12 when you can get 2 or 3 times that on eBay :)

Guess I need to get hooked up with the guy selling for $10 and start resale them... Got an email? :naughty:

emev0l

Reaction score
After ebay fees, paypal fees, and shipping let me know how much you end up with.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
After ebay fees, paypal fees, and shipping let me know how much you end up with.

And dealing with the "You said they were good and I could just drop them in and run them. They are JUNK! Screw you! I want my money back and I'm throwing these in the trash!" people...

Flounder_Pounder

Reaction score
And dealing with the "You said they were good and I could just drop them in and run them. They are JUNK! Screw you! I want my money back and I'm throwing these in the trash!" people...

Not quite, most all are "as is” sales, no returns or warranty. Only if lied on the description would they be able to come back at you.

Latest posts

Members online