Not an important question, but driving me nuts

DIE5EL

Reaction score
got a 97 CCLB auto. When I activate the Cruise control on the steering wheel I don't see a " dummy light " telling you that it is activated. Like in my wife's superduty, it has a green light in the bottom right corner ( i think ) that comes on when you activate it. My cruise works just fine just figured there would be an indicator light somewhere. I really don't need one just curious.

thank, kyle

Tom S

Reaction score
I think it is because those were not so common place when the OBS truck were built.

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
If it holds the speed when you let your foot off, it's on and engaged. If not, you need to keep your foot on the pedal.

:poke:

Tom S

Reaction score
Was this harsh toned responce needed?

Smut this mod cares about this section so keep it mellow. Billy has done a ton to help other guys including spending his time to do full writeups on mods.

DIE5EL

Reaction score
This is my first OBS truck, Just wasn't sure if there was a light or not. Not a big deal to me. Just figured if there was one and it didnt work I wanted to fix it. Little things like that drive me nuts. Thanks for everybody for the reply.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
If you find the cruise control relay you should be able to splice to the wire coming off the terminal thats powered when its on. Run that wire as a hot to the led and the other to the ground terminal on the relay. Or if you can find those wires in the cab and splice there.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Yours has one? Does it look like a green speedometer image like the new ones or something else? I must be slipping I might have a light burnt out and don't even know. My truck has been hit by lighting.

not to derail but my 95s got a seatbelt reminder indicator but doesnt work does anyone elses work

Strokersace

Reaction score
I've been considering tapping the power supply wire for a light. Figure what ever wire sends the signal to hold speed would supply power to a light.

What I've wanted to do is make a custom illuminator plate where the 4x4 indicators and blinker are. Since I have a 2wd and all the bezels are the same regardless if it's 2 or 4wd, I thought about somehow making a new little illumination panel that would have that little cruise light like the SD's have and maybe an actual glow plug relay indicator light in the location of the 4x4 lights. Would be custom and factory at the same time.

Tom S

Reaction score
I've been considering tapping the power supply wire for a light. Figure what ever wire sends the signal to hold speed would supply power to a light.

What I've wanted to do is make a custom illuminator plate where the 4x4 indicators and blinker are. Since I have a 2wd and all the bezels are the same regardless if it's 2 or 4wd, I thought about somehow making a new little illumination panel that would have that little cruise light like the SD's have and maybe an actual glow plug relay indicator light in the location of the 4x4 lights. Would be custom and factory at the same time.

I think those steering wheel controls work by varying resistance values.

I also think the cruise is solely a function internal to the PCM>

Latest posts

Members online