HELP - white smoke at cold start

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
the php custom ficm tunes incorporates inductive heat, ive used them with several different levels of reflashs and not one issue so no it wont need to be matched to the ecm/tcm but there are other reasons to flash the ecm/tcm back. i could probably do an ecm/tcm if it was mailed to me by swapping it into my truck, flashing it then removing it and shipping it back out, BUT my truck is an 06 so can flash 03-04 computers due to hardware incompatibility.

Rob D

Reaction score
Well if I have the latest FICM flash technically if I went to Ford and told them to give me the latest ECM flash they would match...?

Rob D

Reaction score
Where in NH are you guys I am in Boston...would love to rule this all out before putting in another set of injectors - Please PM me your number so I can give you a call. Would try and shoot up there today or tomorrow.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
Well if I have the latest FICM flash technically if I went to Ford and told them to give me the latest ECM flash they would match...?

VXCF7 & VXCF9 both use ARZ2AL11. It wouldnt hurt to reflash it again just to make sure everything downloaded correctly, i can install the latest updates at my shop as well.

Did Vivians rebuild your FICM or send you another one?

Rob D

Reaction score
Ok, now we need to find the FICM strategy. Ive been playing around with ecm tcm and ficm calibrations for some time now, its been my experience that any ECM cal that is supposed to be paired with an inductive heat FICM cal when paired with a non inductive heat ficm cal will make the truck smoke insane cold. Ive had this problem on my own truck and a few customers trucks.

Wouldn't this only apply to a truck in the stock program. Second you load a file doesn't matter what the stock strat is etc it is all reprogrammed based on the tune your running.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
it applies to tunes as well because the tunes are written for the specific strategy. for instance if i run my vxcf5h5 tunes or vxcf7h3 tunes with amz2al12 (non inductive heat) i get a very smokey cold start, could be 80* out doesnt matter. also had the same problem with a customers truck. i got your message i will call you back tomorrow

Latest posts

Members online