ipr

Wright337

Reaction score
Ok about 3 months ago my truck was not wanting to crank too good and then it wouldnt start at all. Found it to be the ipr. Ordered a new one put it on and all is great. Replaced at 236k. Then last night ran to town truned it off for about 30 min and then nothing. Finally started up after turning it over and over for a while. Got it home took the ipr out and the screen was normal/not damaged but was a little dirty. So i replaced it and it started rite up. Am i looking in the wrong place with the ipr or not. It now has 241k later 04 straight 4 in exh egr delete thanks

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
How long did it sit from the time you turned it off to the time you cranked it back up? Could be a leak in the HPO system.

Wright337

Reaction score
When it first done it it sat for about 30 min. After i drove it home it sat for about 30 seconds. Then i crunk it about 5 more times in a row with no problems. Sat over night started with no problems. Drove it 12 or so miles and died. Would not start even after setting for around 5 hours. Any ideas? Thanks

Reaction score
is it an 03 motor or an 04.(icp under the turbo=03) if its an 04 could be a leaky dummy plug on the oil rail,if its an 03 either leak on the stc on the oil rail or your hpop is taking a dump.

Wright337

Reaction score
It an later 04. I posted another tread about the hpop. Should i be able to turn the gear on it if it is out of the truck?

Wright337

Reaction score
Well after finding some rough looking orings sunday and ordering them yesterday, i put it all back together and it took a min but it started. Let it run for a while and noticed i had an oil leak. I looked up top and it seems to be coming from the oil cooler. Shut her off and then it wouldnt start again. What else other than air test and towing it to get it put on a computer?

Dalpilot

Reaction score
If the leak is at the cooler it might nit be keeping the hpop resevoir filled and it runs out. Any codes?

motoxracer42

Reaction score
i agree with dalpilot, that and you need to atleast rebuild your oil cooler. the screen underneath is most likely damaged if your ipr screen is getting plugged. that will get expensive quick if you dont take care of it.

Wright337

Reaction score
Yea i agree too but i did all of that about 8k ago when i did my egr delete. Cooler, screen and all. I was going to see if it would start after i put it back together last night but the turbo got in a fight with the tube that is in the oil filter housing and the turbo won. So now to buy another part that i screwed up. O well maybe ford keeps those instock.

Wright337

Reaction score
Update: had it scanned only codes are #4 glow plug and egr. Egr is deleted. Im going to do an air test tomorrow and go from there. Btw the pressure while cranking took a while to get up enough to crank so maybe it just a leak on the oil rails.

Wright337

Reaction score
Did the air test and it was a leak on the #5 injector. The metal ring was cracked and the oring was broken. I replaced the injector and it is doing good so far. Thanks for all the info guys.

Wright337

Reaction score
Dont want to get embarrased running a truck with no tunes and an 8 in lift with 37's. Slow haha. Ill just go and watch you run.

Latest posts

Members online