Adding Sea Foam into the engine oil to help for sticky injectors?

woodduck97

Reaction score
I have a 2003 F-450 with 45k miles on it and it has a sticky injectors problem and I have added rev-x to the oil and have driven the truck about 1k miles or more and really have not noticed a big difference in start up.
My question is can I add this to the oil to clean the oil side of the injector so sticktion will stop? Also please don't respond saying dont put it in it. I want to know why not to or how it will harm the engine if it will harm the engine.
Thanks Danny.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
That, or stop by the shop Danny. I have a flush I use from amsoil that works pretty damned good too. Have done it mine once to help cure the issue about a year ago.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Well I did add it to the motor a day before I had posted this and so far I have seen a great increase in performance out of the truck. Faster starts and more power going down the road when I need to get moving.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Seafoam is good stuff!

Tell me about it. We bought a jon boat back in december and had a running problem. Been sitting for over 3 years and maybe used once a year do to the guy having to work extra hours and taking his wife to cancer treatments. 04 Yamaha 75 4 stroke on it. Well it had a running problem at idle so we figured it was just dirty carbs cause that is the problem most of the time with them. Come to find out it had low compresion from the rings being stuck. Are local marine place said take 4 gallons of gas and one bottle of sea foam and run that through the motor. He said run wide open from start till that tank is almost outta gas then add more regular gas. Well we did seen a little help at first. So then we got home and threw the compression tester on it again then they were all back to factory specs of 175. We kind were like WTF. So we hooked the hose up to it and started it up and it was running like a new engine. Well we took it right back down to the river and took it out and could not believe it. Damn thing has been running a top ever since that day.

Another experience since then is with my Honda accord. It has 260k on it and would smoke bad on every other start up but did not smell like oil. Well went up to Napa got a can of the spray sea foam and followed the directions and since I have done that 2 weeks ago it has not smoked since.

bboteler

Reaction score
I'm giving you credit man it takes some big ones to be that honest on an open forum...you know you'll get ribbed for doing it before you asked. Hahaha

woodduck97

Reaction score
I'm giving you credit man it takes some big ones to be that honest on an open forum...you know you'll get ribbed for doing it before you asked. Hahaha

LOL Oh yeah that is why I posted it the way I did. For a update on the truck it just has the smallest hiccup now on first start up and running strong still.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Tell me about it. We bought a jon boat back in december and had a running problem. Been sitting for over 3 years and maybe used once a year do to the guy having to work extra hours and taking his wife to cancer treatments. 04 Yamaha 75 4 stroke on it. Well it had a running problem at idle so we figured it was just dirty carbs cause that is the problem most of the time with them. Come to find out it had low compresion from the rings being stuck. Are local marine place said take 4 gallons of gas and one bottle of sea foam and run that through the motor. He said run wide open from start till that tank is almost outta gas then add more regular gas. Well we did seen a little help at first. So then we got home and threw the compression tester on it again then they were all back to factory specs of 175. We kind were like WTF. So we hooked the hose up to it and started it up and it was running like a new engine. Well we took it right back down to the river and took it out and could not believe it. Damn thing has been running a top ever since that day.

Another experience since then is with my Honda accord. It has 260k on it and would smoke bad on every other start up but did not smell like oil. Well went up to Napa got a can of the spray sea foam and followed the directions and since I have done that 2 weeks ago it has not smoked since.

ive used diesel to do the same thing. good to know i could use seafoam as well.

so using the seafoam in out trucks should not present a problem or break down the oil in the long term since it would still be present after the oil change just diluted? i would think tha it would take 2-4 oilchanges to dilute it down to non existant though

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
I put two bottles in my own truck over 2000 miles ago just to experiment. Didnt seem to help my stiction problem. I ran it a few days and then finally just replaced the bad injectors. Hasnt blown up yet. :rockon:

Just to clarify, I put two whole bottles in my engine oil and I have not changed the oil since then, so its still in there. I aint skeered.

Latest posts

Members online