Bronco fuel tank swap sender question

oldschool

Reaction score
Got a 96 7.3 Ran across a 96 bronco fuel tank. couldn't find anything in the library bout it, but does anyone know if the fuel guage sender on the bronco will work with the pickup guage? Can't see any reason why not?

JCart

Reaction score
Not sure on that one, but if it didn't work you could always use your truck one in the tank I'd think. If you have acquire the bronco tank already thats awesome. If not have a look at a Spectra tank model F26E same dimensions as the stock rear on your ride only 7" deeper (so you can still hang the spare under there). Bronco is 13" deeper. Capacity wise the F26E is 38 US gallons, Bronco is just a tad under that. Nothin wrong with the Bronco just might be a challenge to hang the spare if thats important to you. I would think the whole sending fuel pick up from your truck should work just have to lengthen, pick up and return and float arm. On mine F26 tank I used uncoated coat hanger as it was the exact same diameter wire just copied the stocker and added 7"

jrc

Tom S

Reaction score
gntx2 has a nice word document write up on this. I also think DieselJim has a write up on his site.

oldschool

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Got the tank for nothing, Don't care about the spare tire. It's never under there anyway. The only thing i was thinking on reusing the orginal guage was level accuracy. If the tanks deeper, the the orginal guage would ready empty when there should be still lots a fuel left. I'll check the two documents suggested. Thanks

JCart

Reaction score
The only thing i was thinking on reusing the orginal guage was level accuracy. If the tanks deeper, the the orginal guage would ready empty when there should be still lots a fuel left. Thanks

That is what I was trying to explain with the coat hanger wire. You make a completely new float gauge arm inside the tank with new wire and in my example I added 7" more to the length over the stocker's length. In this way at "E" on the gauge you know it's fill up time or near to it. When I first filled mine it was completely empty so I know it holds 145 litres of fuel. On the gauge when the needle gets below "E" means I have about 20 litres left.

jrc

Latest posts

Members online