Another puke thread

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Had studs, new stock hg's egr delete and oil cooler replaced 2 months ago and all was good till last week, started puking again. Heads were checked at a machine shop as well, talked to the mechanic that did the work and said he wants to check the ect vs eot next week he thinks the oil cooler could be "defective" idk any ideas? Also replaced the degass bottle when I had work done.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
1 Well if you dont have guages yourself then forget this if you do post there readings.
2 Check coolant level on refill. Min low mark is as far as it needs to go. If it was topped off itll puke. Still pukking after filled to new low level go to 3.
3 Find out what the studs were torqued to. 210 foot pounds.
if above is usless then happy number 4 come along and say find some guages get the readings. If the delta is wacked out 15* your ***ked. Replace oil cooler and find someone that sells good parts. Reinstall and ride out,
That outta do it. Have a beer.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
wow smut nice useful post. one thing i will add is to check the degas bottle cap. Could be defective or shot if its your old cap, they are supposed to hold 16 psi iirc.

gjoski515

Reaction score
Question for you, did the oil cooler get changed when you had the studs and head gaskets? If not then you should change it, and maybe find a new shop because when doing all that work with the engine apart it should of been one of the item to do when doing the work.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
1 Well if you dont have guages yourself then forget this if you do post there readings.
2 Check coolant level on refill. Min low mark is as far as it needs to go. If it was topped off itll puke. Still pukking after filled to new low level go to 3.
3 Find out what the studs were torqued to. 210 foot pounds.
if above is usless then happy number 4 come along and say find some guages get the readings. If the delta is wacked out 15* your ***ked. Replace oil cooler and find someone that sells good parts. Reinstall and ride out,
That outta do it. Have a beer.
Thnks for the advice, unfortunately no gauges so he's gonna hook his laptop up to the truck next week and go for a spin, coolant is at correct level. I asked him if he used ford specs or arp for the studs and he said arp, also said he replaced the oil cooler when he did all the work but thinks it could be plugged already. No coolant filter here btw.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Must be a stupid acting oil cooler then. Although if he didnt flush the system correctly free of charge wouldnt be out of the question. Is this on your big black truck?

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Must be a stupid acting oil cooler then. Although if he didnt flush the system correctly free of charge wouldnt be out of the question. Is this on your big black truck?

Ya I'm just hoping it's not the heads acting up :/

fordfreak4life

Reaction score

Nice work on the posts in this thread, good job keeping to the task at hand....:pimp:.........(sorry for the derail)

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
TBH Idk I told them I wanted to make sure they were completely flat and cleaned up they told me they checked out good..

chappy

Reaction score
So can a bad oil cooler cause puking?

A plugged oil cooler will. If you seen all the sand come out of these systems you would understand wy they plug. My 04 was puking and it was already studde and egr deleted. The oil cooler was plugged. A new one fixed the problem. I fill and flushed my buddys 04 with 86k on the truck 8 times and was still gettin sand coming out of the clear water. I changed the cooler and threw a coolant filter on it to hopefully catch the sand before it plugs the oil cooler again. I have a coolant filter on mine after my oil cooler change and the temps started at 6 degrees sifference after and a month and a half later are up to 10 degrees difference so I'm keeping an eye on it. I might end up doing another cooler. You won't know for sure till you get a gauge on there.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
And I just advise that yyou look at the coolant. You may need to flush it yourself to ensure its done right and add a coolant filter.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
still haven't gotten it looked at but my coolant is now an inch below the (new) min line and I cant get it to puke at all... hmmm

Latest posts

Members online