Here's one guys....

HerLifted350

Reaction score
Was drivin' home from a rally a couple weeks ago (delayed cause I was trying to figure it out on my own/local help)... anyways... Truck was fine drivin' down the local side roads, and when I got on the highway... went to get off the highway to get fuel (still had about 1/4 tank, I try not to let it get below a 1/4)... Get to the bottom of the ramp and go to stop at the stoplight and the truck dies. :shrug: I blow it off as a fluke, put it in neutral and she fires right back up. Pull away from the stoplight, make my way to the fuel station, coast to slow down, blinker, turn into station, go to stop at pump and the truck dies...:lookaround::confused: Put fuel in it, fires right back up, and pull through and out of the station... Get back on the highway, car cuts me off so I go to slow down and the truck cuts out and dies... shift into neutral real quick, restart it and get goin' again... did this the whole way home...

Only does it when the truck is up to temperature... always fires right back up... Help! Luckily (well, not lucky... you get my point), a local member had surgery and can't drive, so I have a truck to drive for a couple weeks... but help!!!

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Maybe you should just hang your leg out the door an use your heel to stop LOL.

Idk sounds weird to me, hopefully someone around here will know whats up with it.

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
My buddy has a similar problem in his 3000GT but every time he want to make a left turn his car would cut out. Maybe when you stop something is coming loose or being stretched when you stop and its making the truck cut out

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
wire shortage? Bare wire? Brake light wire or something

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im thinking you got power going to something that doesnt need power. Like tripping a breaker or something killing your fuel pump and shutting the truck off you feel me? Along those lines. I doubt it throws codes. Its cool to check..but an SCT won't cut it. Get something else..go to autozone or something

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
im just saying i unplugged my whole injector harness and some other crap and sct''s like its all good. Stupid crap

HerLifted350

Reaction score
Oil full?
My truck has an oil leak under the turbo, so I am always checking oil, so yes... it's full.

wire shortage? Bare wire? Brake light wire or something
Now that you mention it.... I noticed the passenger side brake light is stuck on... however, I don't think it's been doin' that since the problem started a couple weeks ago... I'll have to look into that more...

You check for codes of any sort?
Only codes my truck throws is my EGR codes (from my delete) and my low circuit 3, low circuit 5 & low circuit 8 (Injectors beginning to fail)

Im thinking you got power going to something that doesnt need power. Like tripping a breaker or something killing your fuel pump and shutting the truck off you feel me? Along those lines. I doubt it throws codes. Its cool to check..but an SCT won't cut it. Get something else..go to autozone or something
That's what I was thinking... It's trippin' somethin... I was gonna say vaccum leak (ya know, like the motor was gettin' too much air), but I was told that wasn't possible?

Just out of curiosity how is your truck lifted body or suspension??
Leveled 4" Pro-Comp Suspension lift

STROKER

Reaction score
You said your getting cyl 3 5 and 8 cir low I know its definitely not your problem but your injectors might not be failing, those injector are all controlled by the middle harness in your ficm the harness could be loose or have chafing. But as far as the truck dying I would also say a short somewhere

Betarocker

Reaction score
Check the wires that go to the EP sensor (exhaust pressure). On older versions, the wire passed over a stud on the forward left of the engine and could rub through. Once the wire grounds, it shuts down the engine. Either hitting a bump or change in velocity (deceleration or acceleration) might move the wires enough to cause the issue.

screagle07

Reaction score
Is your truck chipped? maybe when you step on the brake, you are hooking the wire for your chip and pulling it a bit with your foot. Make sure the cable is up out of the way and secured in place.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.