PTM grill Pics!!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
IMG_2838.png

Truck looks great.

AKHILF

Reaction score
If you want to make your own grille insert like mine its not to bad just a lot of cutting with a dia grider and I went and bought a bunch of different attachments to round the corners out nice and the drilling all the holes for the bolts is kinda a pain. I'v made 4 of them now one for a 2003 grille 2 2005 grilles and one 2004 duramax. The durmax one turned out nice to I made it a one piece instead of having the upper and lower grille.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you want to make your own grille insert like mine its not to bad just a lot of cutting with a dia grider and I went and bought a bunch of different attachments to round the corners out nice and the drilling all the holes for the bolts is kinda a pain. I'v made 4 of them now one for a 2003 grille 2 2005 grilles and one 2004 duramax. The durmax one turned out nice to I made it a one piece instead of having the upper and lower grille.

I like how you ran the white. Most people would have gone black. The black looks friggin great too, especially from the front. When you can see the side of the truck the customness is lost on me with the black, especially when its 2tone. So good on ya for that attention to detail. Perfect execution!

juniort444e

Reaction score
I am trying to buy an 05 grill from a guy in Virgina. But seems like he wont txt back or answer anything. Its cheap to.

I want to try building on like akhilf. But for right now, im going to paint my chrome piece white and see how much i like it. Then im building on like his.

AKHILF

Reaction score
To be honest I have atleast 8 hours in each grille maybe more than 10, but also a couple cases of beer. And when it comes to my truck everything has to be just right so that made the cuts and planning the bolts take longer. The mesh was the easy part. The white grill I did out of an xl grill and its a litte floppy but you cant tell once its bolted down, and the black one was started with a xlt chrome grill and I sanded all the chrome down. I like how stiff it is. So a stock ptm grille would be best but not needed if you cant find a good deal on them. Oh and each one of these grilles have If I remember right 128 bolts and are all stainless. I'd sell the white one but I think shipping would be a pretty penny

juniort444e

Reaction score
If i do mine like yours, or play around with one. I will have a piece cut on the laser cutter and just mark the holes on the grill from that. Should help make my life easier.

Where did you get the mesh from? I want to see about doing something different. Like maybe have stainless cut, with little ford ovals on the whole thing or something else thats really unique but not over board or gody or hickish.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I work at a place called alaska steel and i'm the guy who runs the laser table and I dont think it would be worth cutting out a piece just to mark hole. It's not to bad measuring. And i'v tried two different mesh's first was a square expanded metal and now I run 1/2-13 raised expanded metal. It's a lot easier to work with and you can get it pcoated or chromed if you want. There are some websites that sell mesh specifically for making your own grilles but since I work where I do it's not worth it. Just call up your local metal distributer.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I work at a place called alaska steel and i'm the guy who runs the laser table and I dont think it would be worth cutting out a piece just to mark hole. It's not to bad measuring. And i'v tried two different mesh's first was a square expanded metal and now I run 1/2-13 raised expanded metal. It's a lot easier to work with and you can get it pcoated or chromed if you want. There are some websites that sell mesh specifically for making your own grilles but since I work where I do it's not worth it. Just call up your local metal distributer.

What i ment by making something with holes and measure off of it, was that "that" piece with holes would actually be part of the grill. Im not sure if you seen the one someone made on the nation, but he used a very thing piece of stainless and bolted it to the outter part of the grill and the mesh was welded to that. I thought it looked good, but not sure if that is the route i end up going.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.